GameStop Seasonal Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

1.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Lincoln Park, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked simple questions of course like my name and such before I was asked about my gaming lifestyle. After a small rant about all the games I loved, what games I played the most, and quite simply having a gamer's field day, the manager and I then went through retail imaginary situations to test my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• What types of games are you currently playing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Glendale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position 3 months prior to being called for the Seasonal Game Advisor Position. I was called and scheduled for an interview, went in, and was hired a few days later. The interview was with a couple of store managers, in which they asked basic interview questions. They also explained the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at GameStop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Los Banos, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into my local GameStop and luckily got a group interview the next day. There was four other people there and we got asked basic questions that most retail stores ask. The manager and assistant manager was there to ask the questions. I had my resume with me and I felt like I answered the questions with confidence. I worked at the same GameStop before as a seasonal game advisor so most of the questions I answered I already have heard, yet unfortunately this time they didn't take me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in for a job fair, stood on line and waited to be called. Once I was called in, they asked basic questions such as what do I do and why do I want to work at Gamestop. Interview was a total of 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot. They called me a few days later and told me when to come in to start work.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

(Keep in mind, it was a GameStop that my family frequents, so the manager might have already been a little biased.)
    The location was inside of the local mall, so the interview was just a quick one on one with the manager. It was very casual with a few simple questions. I'd just say, don't worry too much if you think the interview was super short.

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I met witn the guy, walked to the starbucks across the street. He asked me basic questions about my last job, why I left. He also asked if I had any game consules and if I new what to do if one of them wasnt working properly.

Interview Questions

• Do you own any game consules? If so, which ones?   1 Answer

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I walked in shortly after the store opened to ask for an application. I carried my resume with me as well as an already filled out application, just in case.

I wore semi-professional attire- which plays a part. You won't get an interview if you aren't dressed well when the manager first meets you.

I bought some food and re-filled my application while I ate and once I was done, I went to hand it in to the manager. He looked it over while I was there, and said I could interview the next Monday.

---

I went back for the interview and we sad at a nearby table. It is most important to show that you have a good personality. I was nervous but I smiled a lot. After the interview, the manager told me that I got the job and he'd call me to get my information the next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experience.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any knowledge of games or game systems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard Sales Questions
    What general knowledge I had in sales.
    What was I going to bring to the team for it to be even more successful.
    it took about thirty minutes and then I was told they would set up scheduling.

Interview Questions

• What history do you have selling extended warranties   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied in-person, they got back to me about a month later. They called a did a phone interview, it was very easy, short, and painless. After the phone interview they called a few days after and asked if I was still interested in the position, and then offered it to me.

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month prior to hearing from the manager of the store. The interview was fairly quick, about 20 minutes. Standard questions. The interviewer was very nice and seemed positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most satisfying customer service experience.   Answer Question