GameStop Senior Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.1

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, I went in person for the first interview with Store Leader and had a follow up over the phone with another Store Leader who was very easy to talk to. 1:1 interview was critical on customer service and how good I was with customer service problems and going over my experience to ensure I was qualified for the lower management position.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a customer service issue and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Hampton, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick, asked questions of work background, education background and asked me how i would sell a pen to him and other sales related questions/scenarios. He recognized me from my multiple visits over the years which definitely gave me a leg up. However, my first day was 2 weeks after I was initially hired.

Interview Questions

• Which comes first Madden or Mad Max   2 Answers

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very Good experience. loved talking to the people in the store. would do it again if i had the chance. GameStop is a great place to work if you love the industry. i would recommend applying to anyone who wants to work around games.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Offered interview in person. Interviewed with manager of store to be placed in, then interviewed with store manager of another location. Following interviews, offered job within three days. Started training about three weeks later, as manager was to be out of state for conference. Trained under manager and assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The first and second interviews were pretty formal, I met with the managers and general manager for the area at the job fair that they were having. It was a pretty simple interview and if you displayed confidence in your abilities and your knowledge I think that anyone would have a good time.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Fayetteville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I was called in to do an interview with the store manager at the store I applied for, then I received a call back for a second interview with the Training Manager at another store. It took a couple days to hear back from them in-between, bot other than that the process was quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem, and how you helped lead your team to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was split in two disorganized events, one while I was dropping off application and another where I came in to follow-up and was just taken in right there because they had no time to call me in.
    Went in the back room and sat in two of three fold-able chairs, went over my resume and talked, said they'd call me which they did about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you sticking around here for college?
      What is your major?
      Do you play any games?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It's fairly easy because, if you're applying for part-time and not seasonal, the questions will be generally the same to any generic type of interview. They'll ask you what are your strengths, what is your best customer experience so on and so forth. If you're seasonal, they'll ask if you're available and if you are nice, because that's what's the most important during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer experience? (Where you went out of your way to help a guest).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. I applied and got the job within a week. Interview questions were easy and the manager was super nice. Best time to apply is during august/september. Level-up training takes awhile to finish and is kind of annoying but I was training on the register pretty quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• What gaming consoles are you knowledgable of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

Very short and quick. Was asked a few questions about my working background. Although Gamestop does sell games they prefer a retail or sales background over game knowledge any day

Interview Questions

• They will always ask to sell you a membershp card (power up rewards pro) card after they tell you about all the benefits   Answer Question