GameStop Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.5

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly asked about leadership qualities and how to mentor your store employees in order to meet store goals. fairly straight forward, just be honest and it will be an easy interview

Interview Questions

• how do you over come a customer saying no to a warranty   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

I started as a game adviser and the manager in charge of the new hires for the new location hired anyone who applied who looked decent. I had a referral so the on boarding was extremely easy.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Interview was normal. Asked about operations, shrink, customer service, etc. Asked basic questions about coaching and hiring. Why my interest in gamestop and what I want to do from there. when I want to start and when I wanted to move into town

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Two interviews, one with DM and one with an Area Manager. Many times it is just one interview. They read from a interview guide. The questions are basic management questions.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

You will go into the back room of the store and sit with the district manager. Right off the bat, the district manager already knows going into the interview if they want you or not. (at least mine did.) During an interview from before, did not ask a question and just told me why I would or would not get the job. My particular district manager was unprofessional and often rude. Glad to say that he does not work for the company anymore.

Interview Questions

• Why should you get this position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Muncy, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

great interview with the former district leader to bad he left. The store will close and district manager doesn't care he just to be cool with everyone else. And they will just move on because they don't care.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the DM, and we had a conversation. It only took 45 minutes. They called a week in advance. He let me know I had the job at the end of the interview. It was not a difficult process at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Hr interview was more a review of my previous employment and reference check, then dm interview consisted of a discussion of basic interview questions then a more in depth conversation of a p&L.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions...
      why do you want to work here
      experience and customer service questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

My process was much more different than others. I came in looking for a seasonal job. After I asked for an application, the manager requested I come back the next day for the interview. After doing so, I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Manassas, VA).

Interview

They brought me in and were curious to know if I had any other experience in retail or customer service. Wanted to gauge my knowledge of Video Game systems and games as well

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite game of all time?   2 Answers