Gameloft Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gameloft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn for the Community Manager role, which I only noticed was posted 2 months earlier after I had applied. After such a long time, I wondered why the job had not been filled & taken down?

I received an e-mail from HR asking me to complete a 4-page assignment, with a 2-day deadline...prior to even speaking to the company on the phone.

Wanting the job badly, I completed the assignment against my better judgment. The assignment was very labour-intensive, and took me one night and one full day to complete.

After I submitted the assignment, I never heard back from the HR person if it was received. I tried to connect via e-mail and by phone, but no reply.

I finally made contact with the recruiter and was invited for a face-to-face with 3 team members. The interview was pleasant, but wait for the punch line...they were looking to hire within 6 months. That would mean had I applied when they initially posted the position, it would have taken 8 months until I was hired!

About 3 weeks after my interview, they reposted the job on LinkedIn that I had been interviewed for. Not sure what they are actively recruiting for a job that they won't be hiring for for another 6 months. A head's up for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience working with a certain one of their large clients?   Answer Question

3D Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gameloft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by someone through HR saying they were interested in taking me to the next step within a week or so. I had to complete a test where you have to rig and animate a character in 2 weeks. All in 3DS Max (if you don't use 3DS Max I highly recommend you have a computer that can run it and you learn the basics because the studio uses only this. Especially the Biped system).

After some miscommunication and struggling with an old computer I got the test sent in a bit later. Since then, I haven't heard back and followed up to more radio silence.

During this time, the original job posting was taken down and replaced with something similar with a slight change.

It seemed a bit unprofessional by the company to not receive a follow up email after the test or at least explaining to candidates what they could improve on. Especially from a company at a global scale . I hope that for any future or current applicants, they don't receive this type of treatment and that they will improve their policy.

Interview Questions

• Rig and animate a character using Biped Character System.   Answer Question

R&D Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gameloft.

Interview

During the whole process, I didn't have the chance to talk to someone other than their HR representative.

On the first contact, they asked me point blank how much I wanted to earn, without giving me a chance to know more about the job responsibilities. When I asked questions regarding the job and the position, the HR rep just told me I would have to wait to get a chance to talk to their developers. Their HR rep asked me lots of things that were clearly stated in my CV (they didn't even seem to have looked at it!).

They then sent me a 12-page test (22 questions, most with subquestions, no multiple choices!) that I was supposed to hand in within 2,5 hours after downloading it. Granted, they explained that I was "not expected to finish the exam in time," but just reading the questions takes a long time!

Obviously, I didn't get too far. To add insult to injury, they sent me a canned response in French (before that, the whole process was in English) that basically said "We're sorry you didn't make it. Don't bother knocking on our door again."

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structures, programming, C++ brain teasers   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The HR person quickly toured their office, until we reached the meeting room. I was interviewed by two potential supervisors. The interview was focused pretty much entirely on technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a time series of revenues of an online game (revenues each day for the past 2 years), how would you attempt to predict tomorrow's revenue?   Answer Question

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gameloft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR people. Then they send you a knowledge test about different topics: C++, networks, algorithms, data structures, optimizations, design Patterns. You do it at home within a limited time. You send back your answers by mail. Finally, you get an interview at the company location with a manager, a developper and a HR person.

Motion Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gameloft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

On the fly. A Director, a Art Director and the HR. I came in not really prepared, got the job anyway. They presented the company more than we talked about the job.

Game Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Two interviews consisting of three hours each: A written exam and an in-person interview. The written exam had two sections, one hour of answering technical questions and two hours of writing code. The questions were mainly about game development and 3D graphics programming but nothing too advanced. The live coding question consisted of writing a simple C++ console application using MSVC. The tests were unsupervised and internet access was available for both sections.

The in-person interview had two sections, one to meet with the HR person who asked you personal questions like what you know about the company, why you wanted to work there, etc. The second section was to meet with two developers who reviewed your test results and asked you questions about your technical background.

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gameloft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

- Had a conversation with a recruiter after applying online. Had to come to the office to do a technical test, followed by meeting with some of the IT leaders. Everyone was really friendly, had to answer some technical questions during the panel interview but it seemed like they were just feeling me out.

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through your recent experience
      - Tell me a about a recent project you worked on
      - What do you know about our company
      - What are you looking for in your next opportunity   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Interview

The interview process is typical. Apply throughout the email, have phone interview at first, invite to take a two hour test and meet HR person. HR ask general questions and discuss how the company fits to you and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• There is no really difficult or unexpected questions. Test is all about basic computer language, algorithm and design pattern, ... etc.   Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gameloft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

First they will send you an exam via email to describe the process of a full http request and how it functions. then they will ask you to do an exam with them and be interviewed by the employer

Interview Questions

• They will ask how to configure vlan on cisco switches and what are the ports for specific services like DNS HTTP HTTPS FTP TFTP TELNET SSH... Some background about linux and load balancing f5.... and HAproxy....   1 Answer