Gamers Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gamers

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gamers.

Interview

Very casual affair. This is a retail environment so if you have half a brain and the mental capacity of a banana, you can work here no problem. Your interest in games will also be questioned. If you dont like games or have no knowledge of them, don't bother trying as you will be surrounded.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gamers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gamers (Omaha, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very informal and took place right on the main floor of the store, and was over in about ten minutes. I think I applied at a bad time, though, because the manager at that location was on vacation, and a totally different guy was filling in for the hiring process that week. This was my first job interview ever, but the interviewer was pretty forgiving of my slip ups.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gamers?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gamers.

Interview

the hiring process is completely random, most of the time they are fully staffed. once a postion opens up. that would be the best time to turn in a app, otherwise your app will not be looked at. the interview is at the hiring managers discretion. some ask about past experience, some ask about you as a person.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite video game? do not say Call of duty   Answer Question

Negotiation

they have a low base pay and there is no negotiation

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gamers in June 2009.

Interview

I knew the store manager a bit just from being a customer there. It was my first job so I had no idea what to expect for the interview. Only had one interview with the manager, he was very laid back but the questions stumped me once in awhile as I had no idea what to expect. I was hired and asked to start that same evening which i was happy to do. The people who work there are very nice and it was a fun work environment. It was a good place to learn the basics of customer service and sales.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of game? Least favorite? Act like I am a customer who is asking about a game that you dislike, and sell it to me.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had experience in retail before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - just minimum wage. Assistant Managers dont even make much more than that. You get a small raise once a year~mine was about 15 cents.