Gander Mountain Firearms Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2017

1.9

Firearm Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly in depth interview process. Two interviews, the first being a tour of the work area and some rather in depth questions based on knowledge and experience with firearms. Second interview is more questions on how to treat a customer and how to get a sale with a customer. Overall it was a bit more in depth than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gander Mountain

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Marquette, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed by the "Soft-Lines" manager. After that the store manager called me in and I interviewed with him. He then offered me the position in firearm sales and I went on my way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experiences will help you thrive in this job.
      Have you been exposed to a corporate strategy shift?
      Tell me about a time where you were overwhelmed at work and how you adjusted to it.

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

The process was super easy - I completed my application, then attended an interview and was hired on the spot. It took about a month to get into an orientation group and actually start working.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, they were all pretty generic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet. They asked a lot of questions about firearms and gauged my answers.

Probably should have asked me how I sell credit cards.

Very awesome HR rep, kept everything on track and made sure I had an interview that worked with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what firearm will suit a persons needs?

What type of firearms do you own yourself?

Can you teach people how to safely operate a firearm they're purchasing?

Firearm Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Received a call a day or two after applying. Asked a few work history questions over the phone as well as a few questions regarding sales and firearms/hunting. Scheduled interview two days after phone call. Was fairy short and straight to the point. Was offered a position after the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What are some firearms you own, and how knowledgeable of them are you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

Not very formal, but I really enjoyed the approached that they used. I wouldn't say the interview qualified for a suit and tie but Khakis and a button up are the way to go. Show up promptly because they are very busy all of the time. The interview did not last more than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was my most memorable outdoor experience.
      What do you believe is our main goal at gander mountain.
      How do you think you could contribute to our team and culture.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Kalamazoo, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

short interview with basic questions about you and what kind of products you would recommend to someone hunting. (gun caliber, scope, bullets, clothing ect.) asked when availability was (very good with school or other life events?

Interview Questions

• what would you recommend to a kid starting hunting? what caliber would be a good home defense round?   1 Answer
    • what gauge would you recommend for ducks?   Answer Question
    • what caliber would be a good home defense round?   Answer Question

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

I was asked about what I knew about firearms, and what I did to stay up to date in the industry, asked what I could work for hours and then told I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Woodbridge, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Only a few questions asked. The manager that interviewed me hired me on the spot. Very basic interview. Only had to interview with one person. However they do not train you on the policies very well

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called in for an interview. This was for a new store so it was at a hotel. They needed people so if you could speak english and write then you were hired, even if you had no firearms experience, which they did.

Interview Questions

• What other retail experience do you have?   1 Answer