Gander Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Clair, PA).

Interview

Great situational based questions. A lot of would you do type questions. A time we're you had an adverse situation that you had to work through. Tell about time u had to challenge status quo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when u had to question the integrity of your supervisor   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I received an email to come in, had about 4 separate interviews meeting with around 6 people total. Received an offer after the weekend. All in all, pretty straightforward and standard.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Great, casual, sat down and talked fishing. I was interviewed by a regional manager and he was very laid back, clear, and non-threatening. Simply wanted to determine if I was a people person and If I knew the products.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my product knowledge about nearly everything they sell   1 Answer

Apparel Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Mesquite, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They bring you in to interview with the assistant manager. She will ask you a list of questions, and then you interview with the GM a week later and she will ask you the same questions. Better hope you answer the exact same way. Then you wait another week for a call back...

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service? Give me an example of a time you gave or experienced good customer service.   1 Answer

Zone Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Focused on pushing employees for metrics, getting credit cards and warranties. At the end, asked if I had any questions, when I said no he asked why I didn't ask about pay. Basically, they put you in a bidding war for the job. For almost every question, there was a specific answer he was looking for. For leadership style, the answer Lead by example with respect for the employees and customers was a bad choice.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a popularity contest. Be attractive and bring a notepad, you get hired. They are constantly hiring for the same positions because the turnover is so fast. Great, right?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Interview was easy, very chill. I was hired at the opening, so my interview process was different than those who were hired after the store opened. They have to go through 2 interviews. I applied, was called within 2 days for an interview that week and was offered the job same day. They required a decision same day if I was going to take the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Onalaska, WI).

Interview

The interviewer lacked a basic knowledge of communication with others. He would say things like "I'm not saying this because you are a female", someone who does not have sexist views would not even think to say such a thing. You are looked down on from the second you walk in, and can feel the sales pressure just in the interview itself. I was left in a waiting area while he went to find his manager to talk to me, but he seemed to just walk around the store and resume his normal work and forget we had even spoke. Needless to say, I left the building frustrated due to the time I had wasted.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I enjoyed hunting or fishing which I told him I did, but he didn't care to hear anymore than that   Answer Question

Do not work here, the entire place seems to be run by people who think they are gods gift to earth

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Series of small interviews with different employees from the hiring department. Human Resources was very helpful in explaining the whole process prior to the interview. Quite a few questions about past experience, and actions you have taken to overcome any obstacles that were ever thrown your way.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Two interviews. One with the hiring manager then if he likes you he sends you to the store manager. First interview, went great, second, not so much. The manager was making comments asking if "I was in the right place" and "it's not a makeup store" because I had my hair and makeup done, but tried to reassure him that just because I like to look nice doesn't mean I don't know about the outdoors, and I proved that to him while he asked me series of questions on different guns and hunting products... I was then told I'd be receiving a call 2-3 days later to tell me if I got the job or not... never received a call back so I called them 5 days later to ask if they made a decision and they said they'd give me a call back within the next day and never heard back from them. They were pretty rude to me just because I looked nice for an interview.