Gander Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.1

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty long. it was 3 phone interviews and 1 skype interview. I was out of state at the time so they didn't fly me in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Lewisville, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy. They were very desperate and I was basically guaranteed the job from the get go. There was an initial interview with HR and then with a store manager a few days later.

Apparel Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Mesquite, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They bring you in to interview with the assistant manager. She will ask you a list of questions, and then you interview with the GM a week later and she will ask you the same questions. Better hope you answer the exact same way. Then you wait another week for a call back...

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service? Give me an example of a time you gave or experienced good customer service.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Clair, PA).

Interview

Great situational based questions. A lot of would you do type questions. A time we're you had an adverse situation that you had to work through. Tell about time u had to challenge status quo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when u had to question the integrity of your supervisor   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I received an email to come in, had about 4 separate interviews meeting with around 6 people total. Received an offer after the weekend. All in all, pretty straightforward and standard.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Great, casual, sat down and talked fishing. I was interviewed by a regional manager and he was very laid back, clear, and non-threatening. Simply wanted to determine if I was a people person and If I knew the products.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my product knowledge about nearly everything they sell   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Chambersburg, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

one on one with a zone manager. incredibly informal. mostly talked about hobbies and what led to applying to work there, how flexible your schedule was, etc. overall, probably about an hour, which seems like a lot for a part time job. that varies, however, depnding on the manager doing the interview.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They called and did phone screen first. Then I came in for a 1 on 1 interview. Very Friendly. Very different than what I was expecting.

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a quick interview and hired very little questions, interview wasn't very through and I got the job fairly easy good for me but not good for people without experience or a want to work hard.

Interview Questions

• How long did u work for kohls   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a popularity contest. Be attractive and bring a notepad, you get hired. They are constantly hiring for the same positions because the turnover is so fast. Great, right?