Gander Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.0

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I received an email to come in, had about 4 separate interviews meeting with around 6 people total. Received an offer after the weekend. All in all, pretty straightforward and standard.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Great, casual, sat down and talked fishing. I was interviewed by a regional manager and he was very laid back, clear, and non-threatening. Simply wanted to determine if I was a people person and If I knew the products.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my product knowledge about nearly everything they sell   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Chambersburg, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

one on one with a zone manager. incredibly informal. mostly talked about hobbies and what led to applying to work there, how flexible your schedule was, etc. overall, probably about an hour, which seems like a lot for a part time job. that varies, however, depnding on the manager doing the interview.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They called and did phone screen first. Then I came in for a 1 on 1 interview. Very Friendly. Very different than what I was expecting.

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a quick interview and hired very little questions, interview wasn't very through and I got the job fairly easy good for me but not good for people without experience or a want to work hard.

Interview Questions

• How long did u work for kohls   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a popularity contest. Be attractive and bring a notepad, you get hired. They are constantly hiring for the same positions because the turnover is so fast. Great, right?

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick process, which was appreciated. I applied online and received a call from HR within a few days. I was asked to come in to interview at their headquarters in St. Paul one day later. I was interviewed by three people separately, one-on-one. They all asked identical questions and were behavioral-based (nothing out of the ordinary). Prior to my interview, I read many negative comments about the company culture. After meeting with my interviewers, I started to see why. When I asked about the work environment during my interview, there was a lot of hesitation. One of my interviewers also made many arrogant comments. After telling him about my travels, he was quick to say that I must have a "F/M Scholarship." I didn't know what this was at first, but he preceded to tell me it stands for father/mother scholarship. This is not the case; I have never received one penny from my family, so I thought this comment was completely unnecessary and undermined my hard work. The company isn't doing so well, which seems to have created a toxic work environment.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Warrington, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

interviewed by two manager, last for less than 15 minutes. Since the company is about to open up, the interview was very easy, brief and I got an offer on site

Interview Questions

• Do I have retail experience and do I have flexibility in my hours and days. They wants you to be able to work on weekends and Holidays.   Answer Question

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet. They asked a lot of questions about firearms and gauged my answers.

Probably should have asked me how I sell credit cards.

Very awesome HR rep, kept everything on track and made sure I had an interview that worked with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what firearm will suit a persons needs?

What type of firearms do you own yourself?

Can you teach people how to safely operate a firearm they're purchasing?
      Answer Question

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Marquette, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed by the "Soft-Lines" manager. After that the store manager called me in and I interviewed with him. He then offered me the position in firearm sales and I went on my way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experiences will help you thrive in this job.
      Have you been exposed to a corporate strategy shift?
      Tell me about a time where you were overwhelmed at work and how you adjusted to it.
      Answer Question