Gander Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.1

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a quick interview and hired very little questions, interview wasn't very through and I got the job fairly easy good for me but not good for people without experience or a want to work hard.

Interview Questions

• How long did u work for kohls   1 Answer

Firearm Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly in depth interview process. Two interviews, the first being a tour of the work area and some rather in depth questions based on knowledge and experience with firearms. Second interview is more questions on how to treat a customer and how to get a sale with a customer. Overall it was a bit more in depth than I thought it would be.

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Marquette, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed by the "Soft-Lines" manager. After that the store manager called me in and I interviewed with him. He then offered me the position in firearm sales and I went on my way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experiences will help you thrive in this job.
      Have you been exposed to a corporate strategy shift?
      Tell me about a time where you were overwhelmed at work and how you adjusted to it.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Warrington, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

interviewed by two manager, last for less than 15 minutes. Since the company is about to open up, the interview was very easy, brief and I got an offer on site

Interview Questions

• Do I have retail experience and do I have flexibility in my hours and days. They wants you to be able to work on weekends and Holidays.   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick process, which was appreciated. I applied online and received a call from HR within a few days. I was asked to come in to interview at their headquarters in St. Paul one day later. I was interviewed by three people separately, one-on-one. They all asked identical questions and were behavioral-based (nothing out of the ordinary). Prior to my interview, I read many negative comments about the company culture. After meeting with my interviewers, I started to see why. When I asked about the work environment during my interview, there was a lot of hesitation. One of my interviewers also made many arrogant comments. After telling him about my travels, he was quick to say that I must have a "F/M Scholarship." I didn't know what this was at first, but he preceded to tell me it stands for father/mother scholarship. This is not the case; I have never received one penny from my family, so I thought this comment was completely unnecessary and undermined my hard work. The company isn't doing so well, which seems to have created a toxic work environment.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call after two weeks. I went in for an interview and they had very easy questions such as your experience with the outdoors and the ability to sell. They offered me the job on the spot. I went to a drug test two days later. Another week went by and they called me to pick a day to come in as my first official day to begin training.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Dothan, AL).

Interview

It was a mass hire event because it was a new store so there was a ton of people there all being interviewed. One on one interview very relaxed simple expected questions. I was offered a position in the apparel department on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite outdoor memory.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

You apply online at their company website which has some bugs. You get a call back and have two interviews possibly at the same time. I walked in offered me the job because they were extremely scarce on employees. Rushed the whole process and asked if I would take a drug test after that you work with them the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone who walks in that is otherwise not wanting anything to buy something?   1 Answer
    • If you talked to a lady that just got robbed and was looking to buy a gun but knew nothing about it would you still sell it to her?   1 Answer

The job is just that... A job not a career. I didn't want to go into the job knowing I wasn't going to be happy with myself for putting myself in a dead end job. They offered me $10hr but I would make more with unemployment... Just being honest.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Rushed and interviewed by an outside store manager. Asked cookie cutter questions. Just overall horrible process as the manager had a sheet where he was just writing chicken scratch. Interview had no impact and was pointless. As I stated there was an outside manager that interviewed with no input from DM or actuall store manager.

Footwear Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Rochester, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief, simple questions about work history, I was called in and offered the job on the spot, I accepted and took care of a lot of the hiring process through my email on my phone that day, there is a drug test after accepting the offer.