Gander Mountain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Rushed and interviewed by an outside store manager. Asked cookie cutter questions. Just overall horrible process as the manager had a sheet where he was just writing chicken scratch. Interview had no impact and was pointless. As I stated there was an outside manager that interviewed with no input from DM or actuall store manager.

Footwear Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Rochester, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief, simple questions about work history, I was called in and offered the job on the spot, I accepted and took care of a lot of the hiring process through my email on my phone that day, there is a drug test after accepting the offer.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They called and did phone screen first. Then I came in for a 1 on 1 interview. Very Friendly. Very different than what I was expecting.

Zone Supervisor Footwear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Valdosta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called by Operations Specialist after applying online. An appointment was made for me to come into the store for the interview. When I came in, I was interviewed by the zone Manager I would be reporting to. The interview was held in the privacy of her office 1-1 with me. I was treated with respect, and afterwards, I was given a tour of the department that I would potentially be working in.

Interview Questions

• If a customer saw a pair of shoes at some other store, then came into Gander Mountain and saw another shoe that looked similar, but cost more, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work any shift, and any day including holidays?   1 Answer

Firearms Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

The process was super easy - I completed my application, then attended an interview and was hired on the spot. It took about a month to get into an orientation group and actually start working.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, they were all pretty generic.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Greenfield, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got a call for an interview. The interview was really laid back and I was only asked about three questions. Mainly, they were looking for someone enthusiastic and ready to work which can typically be noticed in about three minutes in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be able to handle a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

interview with standard sales experience questions. It was easy and casual. Dress professionally and be able to respond with professionalism. if selected there is a drug test and background check. Company does not hire any new full time associates. But does pay over min wage.

Interview Questions

• what kind of sales experience do you have? What would you do if you saw another employee doing something unethical?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not one.

Customer Service Associate/Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Avon, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Made me stand around and wait for 20 minutes before the interview even began. Interview itself took all of 5 minutes. Someone had mis-scheduled and the guy thought I was coming in at 1pm not 9am. Seemed like he didn't care, kept looking at the security cameras the entire time.

Pay was too low.

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet. They asked a lot of questions about firearms and gauged my answers.

Probably should have asked me how I sell credit cards.

Very awesome HR rep, kept everything on track and made sure I had an interview that worked with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what firearm will suit a persons needs?

What type of firearms do you own yourself?

Can you teach people how to safely operate a firearm they're purchasing?   Answer Question

Firearms Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

Apply online. Receive a phone call to set up an interview with the firearms manager. ~20 minute interview asking typical customer service related questions. Then they call back to set up a secondary interview with the store manager - quicker and easier than the first. Job offer on the spot and then offer letter emailed soon after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Read the offer letter and negotiate if you expect higher pay