Gander Mountain Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

Great, casual, sat down and talked fishing. I was interviewed by a regional manager and he was very laid back, clear, and non-threatening. Simply wanted to determine if I was a people person and If I knew the products.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my product knowledge about nearly everything they sell   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gander Mountain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Onalaska, WI).

Interview

The interviewer lacked a basic knowledge of communication with others. He would say things like "I'm not saying this because you are a female", someone who does not have sexist views would not even think to say such a thing. You are looked down on from the second you walk in, and can feel the sales pressure just in the interview itself. I was left in a waiting area while he went to find his manager to talk to me, but he seemed to just walk around the store and resume his normal work and forget we had even spoke. Needless to say, I left the building frustrated due to the time I had wasted.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I enjoyed hunting or fishing which I told him I did, but he didn't care to hear anymore than that   Answer Question

Do not work here, the entire place seems to be run by people who think they are gods gift to earth

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Warrington, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

interviewed by two manager, last for less than 15 minutes. Since the company is about to open up, the interview was very easy, brief and I got an offer on site

Interview Questions

• Do I have retail experience and do I have flexibility in my hours and days. They wants you to be able to work on weekends and Holidays.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call after two weeks. I went in for an interview and they had very easy questions such as your experience with the outdoors and the ability to sell. They offered me the job on the spot. I went to a drug test two days later. Another week went by and they called me to pick a day to come in as my first official day to begin training.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Lewisville, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy. They were very desperate and I was basically guaranteed the job from the get go. There was an initial interview with HR and then with a store manager a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

interview with standard sales experience questions. It was easy and casual. Dress professionally and be able to respond with professionalism. if selected there is a drug test and background check. Company does not hire any new full time associates. But does pay over min wage.

Interview Questions

• what kind of sales experience do you have? What would you do if you saw another employee doing something unethical?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not one.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Lakeville, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewer asked about myself, my hobbies, interests and how it relates to the position. The interview process wasn't very formal, the interviewer essentially told me what they were expecting and asked if I could adhere to those expectations. Overall the interview took about 20 minutes. I applied and I was contacted within 1 week to schedule an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Marquette, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on the 3rd of May, then received a call back a month later. The interview was with the fishing department manager and was brief and relaxed. It mostly consisted of us bantering about fishing stories. After the first interview I was asked to meet with the stores GM for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief. Asked many questions about customer service, how you would react to a angry customer and a few about sales experience. Very laid back. Was interviewed by the store manager who was very understanding and patient. Surprisingly there were little to no questions about my outdoor experiences or adventures. They were asked sorta to fill the interview time.

Interview Questions

• If a customer tells you that they seen a product at another store cheaper, how will you counteract that and make them buy it there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

The Interview process was quick and painless. Walked in sat down with a assistant manger and went through traditional interview questions. When she was satisfied she went and got the general manager who sat in with me and started going over questions about my experience with outdoors and how i would handle different selling situations.