Gander Mountain Zone Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gander Mountain Zone Supervisor Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Focused on pushing employees for metrics, getting credit cards and warranties. At the end, asked if I had any questions, when I said no he asked why I didn't ask about pay. Basically, they put you in a bidding war for the job. For almost every question, there was a specific answer he was looking for. For leadership style, the answer Lead by example with respect for the employees and customers was a bad choice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gander Mountain

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with a manager. Second was an in person interview with assistant manager. The final step was an in person interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about selling experience and mindset as well as leadership style and specific situational hypptheticals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (Lake Mary, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Typical application process, was a month before I heard back after original application. Was called in to interview with the Store manager and Soft Lines Manager. Actual interview was very easy for a leadership role, no interview guide. Just went over expectations of the position and why I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gander Mountain (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Tedious. Lots of interviews, lots of questions. Lots of the same questions. Lots of empty promises. Lots of foreshadowing to how great it could be. Lots of time going back and forth to the interview location in order to meet the entire management staff. It was tiring. It was like being screened for treehouse membership.The overall experience was soul sucking.

Interview Questions

• Too many questions. They want to put you through a lot of pressure. A lot of rewording the same questions. A lot of your typical retail crud.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, and a lot of pressure to accept the offer ASAP.

Zone Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Mountain in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online by filling out basic application along with attaching resume. I made contact with the HR person at the store and was informed they were still looking and that my application had populated into the system. I had a 5 min phone interview to get basic information, Then came in for 1:1 interview with Zone Manager (Assistant Store Manager). Had final interview with Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager are you and how do you deal with stressful situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate start date to given two week notice at current job. Was able to talk about pay but wasn't very flexable.