Gander Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty long. it was 3 phone interviews and 1 skype interview. I was out of state at the time so they didn't fly me in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors.

Interview

I was called and given the date of my interview. I sat in front of a manager level employee and was asked 4-6 questions. All questions can be found by reading past interviews on this site. I was entirely prepared for the interview thanks to this website.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you did outdoors and what equipment did you use?   1 Answer
    • What's your most memorable outdoors experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on the spot. They claimed there were a lot of people that applied and were denied but I doubt it. I did really well in my interview but I know of many employees who had mediocre interviews and still got hired on the spot.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Rushed and interviewed by an outside store manager. Asked cookie cutter questions. Just overall horrible process as the manager had a sheet where he was just writing chicken scratch. Interview had no impact and was pointless. As I stated there was an outside manager that interviewed with no input from DM or actuall store manager.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Watertown, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I had one very informal interview. Got the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What were my job responsibilities?   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Went smoothly we did interview at the job fair and a chance to ask whatever you need to know and share your own work experiences related to the posted positions. I was impressed with their employees team who interviewed us. I doubt any of them are still around.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Charleston, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very long met with three managers before finishing. Long application to complete asked a lot of repetitive things. Just in different working. All in all I felt they just asked to keep you there. To see how long you can sit and stay interested. Kept you on your toes thru out you never knew where you stood.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors.

Interview

Interview was easy, very chill. I was hired at the opening, so my interview process was different than those who were hired after the store opened. They have to go through 2 interviews. I applied, was called within 2 days for an interview that week and was offered the job same day. They required a decision same day if I was going to take the job.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2008.

Interview

Pretty basic. Three interviews in one sitting.

Negotiation

first job out of college, so was ok with comp.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people. 2 Inventory Managers and 1 HR Representative. The interviews were pretty basic, normal interviews. Introductions were given and backgrounds were discussed. Very conversational.

I thought everyone was very friendly and personable.

The office and work culture seemed excellent. People were very friendly and team oriented.

The office was in downtown St. Paul. The building looked as though renovation had been done.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal/disjointed process. Had an initial phone screening. It was unstructured, seemed to be at the whim of the hiring manager. Eventually brought into meet with my direct manager in their office. Interview consisted of some printed questions they read off and some off the top of the head questions as well. Lasted no longer than an hour.