Gander Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gander Outdoors

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Flint, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

Someone from the office gave me a phone call to as me to come in and meet the Manager on Duty. I spoke with him for roughly 30 minutes and received a phone call to let me know they were going to go with another applicant.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy interview process. No need to dress up or anything for the interview. Asked very basic questions regarding what I wanted from the job. Interview was held in the HR office with the softlines manager not the general

RV Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Amarillo, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Commission plan is not what was described at all. Many out and out lies said that I should have picked up on. This Company is desperate to hire and will say anything to try and accomplish that.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working commission asked about 20 times which should have been a red flag. That usually means a lot of draw pay.   1 Answer

Firearms Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors.

Interview

Quick and painless almost as if a decision was made before I arrived. Asked basic questions but also challenging ones as well. Asked about selling process and ability to connect to others.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

phone interview first then a live interview a week later, the man who hired me called two weeks after that to tell me I was hired and could start the following week. I show up and he has been let go

Interview Questions

• did i remember clayton homes   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the shooting sports sales associate position on a Monday online. I called on a Thursday to ask when id hear from them and since they were busy with their grand opening they said to wait awhile until a manager can call me. Got a call the following monday and set up an interview for the next day. I dressed pretty casual and i wore just a polo shirt untucked with khaki pants, belt, and dress shoes. I walked inside and told the employee what i was there for and shortly after the manager came and i talked with him for awhile and then after i was done with him i talked to another manager and i got an offer on the spot. Keep in mind they are really pushing promotional sales and he said ill get the job if i ask EVERY customer to sign up for the good sam club promotion which didn't bother me, especially since every time i'd sell i'd get commision.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • explain a time you had to manage someone to get something done within a deadline.   Answer Question
    • explain a time you had to deal with troublesome co workers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors in April 2018.

Interview

I felt so rushed. My interview wasn’t until 10:30, but I got their early. The managers were nice and the place was under renovation and it’s now Gander Outdoors
    Overall I just didn’t feel right afterwards and I tried but I was rushed

Interview Questions

• In the event a associate or manager is acting in a unethical way; what would you do?   Answer Question

Firearms Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Easy interview and hiring process, was a mass hire due to the opening of a new location so interview wasn't very through, but was more of a push to get more hand on deck.

Interview Questions

• Experience level with field?   1 Answer

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

Very specific questions regarding baits, line and different set-up for different applications. It really depends on what department you apply for but in any department you are always expected to interact with customers and greet them all along with assessing their needs. You also must always mention the Good Sam rewards visa credit card to every customer along with the Good Sam Membership.

Interview Questions

• What line and has higher tensile strength with smaller diameter?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gander Outdoors (Saint Clair, PA).

Interview

Great situational based questions. A lot of would you do type questions. A time we're you had an adverse situation that you had to work through. Tell about time u had to challenge status quo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when u had to question the integrity of your supervisor   Answer Question