Gannett Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gannett Account Executive Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter first, phone only. Basic questions, was provided with little insight on the company and basic salary & commission structure. Second interview was with an area sales manager. This interview lasted 2 hours for me. Lots of insight on the day to day activities of the rep. Mostly they want to know how well you work independently, handle stress of deadlines, and meet goals. Third interview with regional manager and VP. The entire hiring process was about a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections to meet your sales goal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gannett

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (West Springfield, VA).

Interview

Initially contacted by Talent/HR Recruiter to set up initial phone interview, second and final interview was with the President and CEO of division I was going to be working for.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett in February 2015.

Interview

This position is for account executive for retail accounts. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about the role. The recruiter asked questions about B2B sales and experiences using questions relating to the role set expectations on salary and day-to-day overview. The recruiter later sets up an in-person interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager asked questions about sales competencies and previous experiences. I interviewed with HR manager that same day. A week later I was asked to meet with the sales manager who asked S.T.A.R related questions about previous sales examples. I was later asked to complete an assessment and 1 day later provided references. I was called by sales manager 3 days later with an initial verbal offer. I accepted 2 days later and received offer letter the next week pending background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest sale you made?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Recruited by email - process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negociable

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett in February 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly standard: apply online, phone screening, interview with manager and director. Questions were focused on world class sales competencies and assessing a hunter mentality. Salesforce experience is a huge plus, along with digital solutions sales. Overall a fairly standard interview process for advertising sales.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you lost an a sales and what you would do differently?   1 Answer

I received a better offer from another company at the sales management level.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

2 interviews on phone before face to face interview. brush up on your CNA questions and overcoming objections before face to face meeting. then be ready for more phone interviews with upper management

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

4 interviews total - 1st one with LSM, 2nd with GSM, 3rd with DSM and 4th with GM - all general STAR questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

After the initial phone interview, they will have a face to face. At that point, they will give you case scenario and have you to give a mock sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is probably the mock presentation. They really grill you to see how you overcome objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They already had a set compensation plan in place. There was no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

First spoke with recruiter. After met with Sales Mananger. Wasnt friendly at all, blank stares throughout the whole interview. Realized that they had the wrong person interviewing for the position. Offered for me to come back for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• How much of your life do you feel you have control over?   1 Answer