Gannett Fleming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gannett Fleming

2.6

Structural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a great time going through the interview process, which consisted of phone interview and in-person interview during the following week. I definitely felt that Gannett Fleming is a very bright and talented group of people. The whole interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the interview time was spent talking about my past experience. I did have a few typical behavioral interview questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Easy Interview in general they asked simple questions or regarding past experience and future goals, Vice president and senior engineers were present. . . . . .The interview was done in Pennsylvania

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Three senior engineers/VP's were present for the interview. They each asked questions relating to my previous experience and how it would apply to rail systems. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable for the duration of the interview as well as for my prospects of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with micro controllers.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

Emailed me about a month after I applied. Employee interviewing me was relatively new. They asked me when I’d be available to talk in the coming days. I answered and did not get a response for two days. Had the phone conversation scheduled and it was canceled 20 minutes before the conversation (this was Monday). I responded and said I could talk on Tuesday or Wednesday. The employee responds Wednesday morning and says they will call me this afternoon. They call me and tell me about the company for no more than 60 seconds. I ask questions for about 10 minutes.
    They say they will call me back about coming in for an interview early next week.
    I send a thank you email. No response.
    2 weeks later, I get a generic rejection email.
    They seemed like they never had the intention of giving me a full interview yet seemed happy to waste my time. Wildly unprofessional.

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming in November 2017.

Interview

Company website process was easy and quick. Took information from uploaded resume. Allowed applicant to be considered for other current and future positions. Received automated responds of submission, whether application was being considered and potential future positions.

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Gannet Fleming is a large company with offices throughout the US. I applied for an Assistant Architect position. The hiring manager gave me a call after applying online. We have a brief phone interview , with a follow up interview in person. I was interviewed by the head Architect in the NY office, as well as a Junior design member from the staff. The firm mainly deals with large civil type projects ( think transportation) . Their design arm is rather new here in NY. Their office is located right next to Madison Square Garden. Nice building, but too much security. The office its self lacks in natural lighting for the junior staff , with an open cubicle concept in the middle. The higher level staffers each have perimeter offices that block all and any worthy views. For an architectural office, one would expect their home base to be more in line with their design philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the Field   2 Answers

Rail Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

I got phone call from HR and answered several general(behavior) questions about 15 minutes, and scheduled a phone interview with the engineer a week later. During the phone call, the VP at that office asked questions about my experience and education background mostly based on my resume. I got on-site interview about one week after this phone call. Onsite interview takes about 3 hours, and having lunch with major engineers at the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming.

Interview

Straightforward interview with typical questions. Discussed interests a fair amount also. It was one on one, not with the hiring manager but with the engineering manager. Overall the process was average difficulty.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming.

Interview

The interview was a sit down informal interview. The whole interview took approximately one hour. I was asked approximately 10 questions. After I asked whatever questions I had, the interview was over and I was able to leave.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview which held in a very friendly environment. They ask some technical questions as well as some behavioral questions. It did take approximately half an hour and at the end they allowed me to ask any kind of questions about the company. This was a great chance to get to know about company and their clients.