Gannett Fleming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Three senior engineers/VP's were present for the interview. They each asked questions relating to my previous experience and how it would apply to rail systems. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable for the duration of the interview as well as for my prospects of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with micro controllers.   1 Answer

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Gannet Fleming is a large company with offices throughout the US. I applied for an Assistant Architect position. The hiring manager gave me a call after applying online. We have a brief phone interview , with a follow up interview in person. I was interviewed by the head Architect in the NY office, as well as a Junior design member from the staff. The firm mainly deals with large civil type projects ( think transportation) . Their design arm is rather new here in NY. Their office is located right next to Madison Square Garden. Nice building, but too much security. The office its self lacks in natural lighting for the junior staff , with an open cubicle concept in the middle. The higher level staffers each have perimeter offices that block all and any worthy views. For an architectural office, one would expect their home base to be more in line with their design philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the Field   2 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming.

Interview

Interview was taken by the vice president of ohio operations and it was both technical and general questions. All the details about the companies work policies, projects are explained and a couple of quetsions are asked about the previous experience.

Interview Questions

• If I have inspection experience before or fear of heights   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate and I ended up taking the offer on the lower side

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview which held in a very friendly environment. They ask some technical questions as well as some behavioral questions. It did take approximately half an hour and at the end they allowed me to ask any kind of questions about the company. This was a great chance to get to know about company and their clients.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming.

Interview

Straightforward interview with typical questions. Discussed interests a fair amount also. It was one on one, not with the hiring manager but with the engineering manager. Overall the process was average difficulty.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming.

Interview

The interview was a sit down informal interview. The whole interview took approximately one hour. I was asked approximately 10 questions. After I asked whatever questions I had, the interview was over and I was able to leave.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Camp Hill, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by HR, completed a phone interview with HR and was then invited in for an interview with the heads of the department. The majority of the questions were very standard. In the end, it seemed like the department did not know what they wanted. They did not extend an offer to any candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in a few year?   Answer Question

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Good. I have nothing else to add other than that it was a conventional interview with nothing out of the ordinary. I was interviewed in a multi-stage process and did not find it onerous.

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming in November 2017.

Interview

Company website process was easy and quick. Took information from uploaded resume. Allowed applicant to be considered for other current and future positions. Received automated responds of submission, whether application was being considered and potential future positions.

Information Technology Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Newport News, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went very well. I was hired from out of state coming into Virginia, the managers at that time were fantastic and easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was short, Gannett Fleming IT did not offer any help with the moving expenses that I had pressed for, which was highly inconvenient!
    If I had to do this over again, probably not. This company is notorious for hiring high skilled people to do menial tasks. After I had been with the company for two years I found out the office that I was working at was under the radar by Corporate in PA. Possible to shut it down.

Rail Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett Fleming (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

I got phone call from HR and answered several general(behavior) questions about 15 minutes, and scheduled a phone interview with the engineer a week later. During the phone call, the VP at that office asked questions about my experience and education background mostly based on my resume. I got on-site interview about one week after this phone call. Onsite interview takes about 3 hours, and having lunch with major engineers at the office.