Gannett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview that I had to get the Sales Specialist Position at Gannett Publishing Company that was pretty easy. It involved an initial phone interview then face to face. Required a drug screening for employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Long and exhausting. Like most interviews, they hadn't looked at my resume in advance. Asked obvious questions about my experience. Would not expect others to go through this. I just want to read some stuff. I have already logged in and answered other questions.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work at X company.   1 Answer

B2B SALES DIRECTOR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

I did not interview. Gannett asked for my social security number and would not give that to a potential employer. It is ridiculous to ask for that and would not provide. No potential employer should request that.

Interview

Tech Recruiter Phone session; hiring manager interview; assessment(maybe, if they feel necessary or like you); onsite with the team. The overall experience was not horrible. The assessment tests were pretty difficult.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter on the phone and she was nice and professional and scheduled interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager didn’t seem very prepared with questions, she only asked me a couple of interview questions. I asked more questions than the interviewer. At the end of the interview she told me she didn’t have a business card and to contact the recruiter if I had follow up questions. Honestly, just from the vibe I got from the hiring manager and the offjce I knew the company wasn’t going to be a right fit.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Tell me what makes you right for this role?
      3. Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Fort Lee, NJ).

Interview

At first, HR was very responsive. I know the hiring process takes time, but after you request someone take time out of their day/work to go through 3 interviews the least you can do is follow up that you have moved on. I didn’t get an offer or follow up after the 3rd interview but truthfully maybe it’s better not to work for an employer that treats potential candidates this way.

I’ll also like to note the 3rd interview (with engineers) seemed prepared and rushed. I do not believe the questions were structured in a way to truly test your skills. They felt “random” like the engineers were just trying to figure what to say...

Strategy Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to discuss role less than a week after application submitted, but communication after that sporadic and haphazard. Dragged on for over a month requiring proactive prodding to schedule initial screen.

Initial phone screen straightforward, and included salary negotiation - which is refreshing.

Followed by two more interviews with the hiring manager as well as department head across 2-3 weeks.

Then - nothing.

Ghosted by recruiter - some Mickey Mouse stuff right here.

Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (McLean, VA) in June 2019.

Interview

The initial process was smooth where the HR contacted me and scheduled the interview within a week. First step was a call from the HR and then interview with the hiring Managers. the interview in itself went off well and smoothly. But later no response back from the HR at all, even a rejection email I did not receive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, tell me the process you work on currently.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gannett in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online and a week later I was talking to a recruiter who then scheduled an onsite interview at their Plano location. Nice location, near my home. In person interview was with 1 person at first, general background info, some industry info, etc, then a second person came in and we talked for a bit. But after a while I got the feeling they had passed me off as being too old. After seeing some of the other people that were working there, my spidey sense is usually right. Since then I haven't heard back from the company or the recruiter, she ghosted me.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gannett (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, heard back from the hiring manager about a week later. Set up a phone call and chatted for about 45 minutes. Talked about the role and my experience. As the hiring manager was still rather new herself, there were some questions she couldn't really answer.

Weeks have passed with no further action on their part. I've even followed up directly with the hiring manager a few times. Nothing. Sadly, ghosting is becoming a more common practice among these companies. It's rude, but par for the course.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your experience with managing freelance writers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on their career website and was emailed back a week or two later asking to set up a phone interview. I had two phone interviews in the following two weeks and received the internship offer about a week later.