Gannett Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 236 of over 236 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Gannett

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Gannett

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter, scheduled recruitment screening, did a 15 min call with him, at end of call he said he'd like to move forward and sent me some "homework" to do. It was 10 or so questions that basically were regular interview questions you'd be asked by a hiring manager (I thought it was a great way to screen further by sending to hiring manager for review and weed people out without wasting anyone's time.) Also did a personality assessment. He followed up after the HM gave the go ahead, and we scheduled a Teams interview. It was also streamlined by having the interview with the regional mgr and the district manager simultaneously. They were both very warm and friendly and made me feel very at ease. A few weeks later, recruiter called to tell me they were drafting an offer. I accepted! Note: The recruiter was amazing. Most just fall off the face of the earth, tell you that you're moving on to next steps but you weren't chosen and they don't even bother to tell you, don't answer your follow emails, etc. But he was so readily available and told me as much -- to call him with any questions, and he would get right back to me. He was friendly, professional, communicative, and as a first contact point of the company, he made it feel like a company I wanted to work for. Thank you :)

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? Sales related scenario examples, etc.
    Answer Question

Gannett

Application

I interviewed at Gannett

Interview

I was interviewed by the editor of the paper I was applying for and someone at Gannett corporate offices. Interview was done via Zoom and was short. More of a casual conversation.

Interview Questions
  • - Expand on previous experience - Why do you feel you're a good fit for this role - Connection to the location - Availability to work differing hours

Gannett

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Gannett

Interview

Miscommunication, lack of responsiveness, improper mannerisms, overall waste of time. HR doesn’t really know what they’re doing or saying. Long process with many different job descriptions for a single position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gannett (Rochester, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

The Production Manger does the interviewing. I came during walk-in interviews recently. I was hired on the spot when he learned that I had production experience. Great guy, comfortable to talk to, very clear with his expectations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

A month or so after submitting online application, the hiring manager emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Ten minutes passed with no call, so I called her. Manager informed me the position I applied for had been filled. However, there was another opening. She asked me to interview with three other managers a couple days later. The virtual interview was exhausting - not my best at the end of a long week. Overall, it seemed to go well. They encouraged me to email follow-up questions. So, I did and thanked them for the opportunity. No response from four managers copied on email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gannett

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett

Interview

They reached out with interest and scheduled about an hour long interview. The person was kind and responsive. Did not take the job but still a decent interview experience in my opinion

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gannett

Application

I interviewed at Gannett

Interview

It was a fairly painless process. The first round of interview was a panel type with 3 people. It followed with two individual interviews and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions
  • They were scenario-based questions. How I handled different situations.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Boston, MA) in Jun 2021

Interview

I had three interviews and everyone was very friendly and happy to share information and genuinely enjoyed their work. They were also fast with turn around time and following up with next steps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gannett

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett in May 2021

Interview

I had 3 interviews over 3 weeks, first with the hiring manager, then a second round of 30 minute interviews with 3 of the hiring managers colleagues, and finally an interview with a senior director. Overall it was a great experience and I was kept in the loop throughout. I was very hopeful to get this job, and with the interviews being on Thursdays or Fridays, I was always worried I would have to wait the weekend before hearing back. But each time I was reached out to within 24 hours to either schedule the next interview or given the verbal offer. The managers who interviewed me, even the senior director, made me feel welcome from the start and seemed to genuinely care about my success.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett (Arlington, VA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online. The following day a recruiter called. After the conversation, the Data Science hiring manager sent me an email with a take-home assignment. Standard data analytics set. They asked for a Jupyter Notebook describing the process, a technical explanation of the results, and a non-technical explanation of the results. Nothing someone experienced in the field hasn't seen before. Sadly, like many interviewers applying for jobs in this company, I gave up after being ghosted for a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 236 Interviews