Gannett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

155 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (Livonia, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, management interview, assessment test - if they like you, interview with president of sales division. The overall experience was not horrible. The assessment tests were pretty difficult.

Interview Questions

• was there ever a time that a co-worker of manager asked you to do anything unethical   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett (Neptune, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview with recruiter, then the Regional HR manager. Following I took an online assessment. I was told I'd have an in-person interview. I received an email from the DOS informing me that they promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• How I managed and how large my team was.   1 Answer

IT Services Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very pleasing process. Got a call originally saying they were interested in setting up an interview. Had video interview with 4-5 questions. Moved on to a phone interview with higher up and talked for a good 30-40 mins. Questions were what you would expect and made me feel like I would fit right in the company.

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett (Woodland Park, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is quite extensive and lengthy. However, it allows for a thorough evaluation of the candidate, and ensures that the position filled is the best fit for both the company and the candidate.

The interview process involved an initial short phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview. A case study is then assigned to the candidate, to be completed within approximately a week. The case study is then presented in-person to a team of decision-makers, after which the offer is made to the appropriate candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome a client's objections to something presented?   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview and assessment process. Nonetheless very professional and well structured. They always followed through with calls or emails and next steps. After the interview the offer process was handled very professional as well.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gannett (New Castle, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the in-house recruiter within 24 hours to arrange a phone screening with HR. Was a fairly standard phone screening interview with questions about my career history and expectations.
    Was asked to complete online profile assessments following the call, which took around 1 hour and was contacted 2 days later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager at the office in Delaware.
    The day before the interview I was notified that the hiring manager wouldn't be available, but the interview would still take place with his line manager, which happens sometimes and was fine.
    I arrived on the day, was interviewed by the regional president, who seemed to be distracted and keen to pass me over to her colleague who was delayed. Again, very standard interview questioning and was handed over to a colleague who had clearly been pulled in at the last minute. Everyone was very friendly, in general, so I'd have no complaints there and the interview process took around 2 hours.
    I followed up by email the following day with the 2 interviewers and HR. Then I called a week later as I had expected to hear back by then. I emailed and called twice more over the following 3 weeks, but never heard back. I did some research and found out that the role had been filled internally and that this had happened either the day of my interview or the day before.
    I'd spent 3 days solidly researching the role and the company, and a round trip of over 3 hours by car. I appreciate that some positions need to be advertised and external candidates interviewed, but this was a huge waste of my time and it would have been more respectful to have at least had the courtesy to respond to let me know.

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett in March 2017.

Interview

An overall very frustrating experience. I had a very pleasant initial screening call with their internal recruiter, who then wanted me to talk with the VP of the division in another phone screening. When she asked my availability on a certain day, I told her I was open all morning and feel free to set the time that worked best for the VP. I received a google calendar invite with "9-10 am" in the subject line, but deep in the invite the calendar link said 9-10am ET. Our previous call had been scheduled for CT, so I was a little unclear which time zone she was scheduling the call - considering both myself and the VP were based in CT. So I was ready at 8 am CT/9 am ET at the designated day. 8:20am rolls around and I never get a call. I figured the VP thought the call was at 9 am CT, so I waited around. Then at 8:50 am I get an email from the recruiter saying next steps were an in-person interview and presentation, and asked for my availability. I thought it strange I would get this email BEFORE my phone interview, so I just figured I'd wait to respond until after my interview at 9 am. The VP never called. I finally replied to the recruiter and told her we never got to connect, and she was incredibly confused, said she had talked to the VP that morning about the interview, and "needed to figure out who he had actually talked to." The next day I got an email from the recruiter to reschedule the call (with no explanation or apology) for 9 am the next day. The VP called me an hour earlier than was scheduled, catching me off guard 15 min after I had woken up, with no coffee or time to assemble my thoughts. I am not sure whether blame lies more with the recruiter or the company as a whole – but they are either a hot mess, or like playing games with people. Completely unprofessional and doesn’t value anyone else’s time but their own.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gannett (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Call from the recruiter
    2. Technical phone interview
    3. Coding exercise
    4. On Site interview team members.

Best Interview experience I ever had. It was a very thorough to test your knowledge on the domain. I got a chance to meet with all the developer in the team.

Interview Questions

• Application architecture, Live coding with simple task, whiteboard-Algorithm question, some UI-coding   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gannett.

Interview

I met with a hiring manager. Interview went well. After not hearing back for a couple weeks, I checked in and found that they had reorganized the marketing department and the person I met with was no longer the hiring manager. They also re-wrote the job description. I contacted the new hiring manager and set up another interview. It also went well and I was hired.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gannett (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was no impressive. I had a scheduled interview that I took time off of work to make. The interviewer did not call me until 2 hours after the scheduled time. Also, I was being interviewed while the interviewer was driving on the interstate.