Gap Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL).

Interview

Straight foward. Initial interview with GM, they ask you about your background, experience, and accomplishments. Then they ask the difficult questions. then a follow up and final interview with DM if your GM liked you.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this team?
    Tell me about a time you have to work with someone difficult?
    What will be your biggest challenge coming to this store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview with the store manager and assistant manager in person. Complete an application, met with each manager individually, discussed previous experience in the retail sector. There was a follow up interview and a few days of training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different store managers, both in suburban stores, great interviews with well spoken, knowledgeable managers. Negative reviews because of the offer that I got and the fact that the both managers made me wait 10 or mins before they came out to interview me...idk what that is about. I decline the offer because it was for a lower position then I interviewed for and I didn't feel that with my 13 years of retail experience that I needed to take a lesser position to work up in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone undermining your authority   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through linkedin, did phone interview which went really well, she told me she will definitely be in-touch with me that following week and to be patient as she was busy with merchandising interviews but assured me I will get a second interview with DM, the following week i got no response so I emailed her and still no response then I see she is posting on Linkedin. Very unprofessional i was shocked what is happening with these companies and their unprofessional HR approach? Disappointing especially by gap whom is affiliated with old navy "top place to interview"

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 GMs, very casual, asked about my background experience, why I wanted to work for Gap, what I would bring to the table. 1 week later got a job offer from a different location than the one I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called immediately. Interview process took four interviews and about thirty days. I met with multiple managers that interviewed differently but all very professional and friendly. I received an offer of a higher position. I accepted and am excited about this new role. I used glassdoor to help prepare me for financial questions to get a realistic but best amount for my skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the unknown elements of this business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Vacaville, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

One interview with GM one with DM both in person. Talked about background/experience. I first had a shirt 30 minute interview with the general manager of the store it was so short because I have worked for the company before and quickly was able to answer all her questions to her liking. I then had a two hour long interview with the district manager, whom I have worked for before and spoke on my growth with the company my experience and how I can contribute to this story that I was applying for .

Interview Questions

• How I manage a team of associates and keep them motivated to perform.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

From going to a sales associate to an assistant manager was a pretty good process. I did two phone interviews one with a general manager from another store in the district. Then I had a phone interview with our district manager who offered me the job based on when my background check going through.

Interview Questions

• Going from a sales associate to a manager are you going to be able to enforce the rules and policies. Are you going to be able to step up to the role without difficulty?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Set up an interview and was asked a bunch of your basic interview questions. Interview was easy just want to see that you have the skills they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes was able to negotiate and was given close to what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

phone call at first, then set up a meeting in person and then if that goes well, meet with the upper management. The whole process is pretty quick if they like you.