Gap Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 6 other candidates, was very relaxed but still nervous. 3 interviewers, they were detailed with note taking and very professional . We were all offered jobs that same day and picked our schedules and did paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to tell someone some difficult news, what was outcome and there was another part to it, but I can’t remember being my nerves got to me with interviewing and public speaking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had difficulties with your coworkers and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy. Asked a few questions and filled out form with background check. they were focused on my personality and ability to care for the customers. Besides that it was relatively traditional interview for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the GAP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Lincoln City, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, I felt like I was talking to a friend. There was only one interview; I was called the next week to work.

Interview Questions

• At the time, I was still getting used to being interviewed. Every question was unexpected and difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Had a one on one interview on the phone, later had a presentation. Overall was good and everyone was very nice, had some difficult questions, but they seem to care about your thought process more than your specific industry knowledge. There are specific industry questions, but even with knowing very little about them, made it to the next round. Overall seems to be a great company.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Freehold, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Need to submit instore and online application. One interview, paid training days.

Interview Questions

• They may ask secifics about you're resume because it relates to their life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Bellevue, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

Group interview asking basic questions like how would you sell a certain item. The store manager at the time was very friendly and open to all questions. There is an assistant manager that does interviews too.
    All of us in the group were hired, i have never known my store to not hire someone who came in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do i appreciate in a customer experience when i am shopping?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about higher pay because a raise won't happen for a while.

Associate Interview

Interview

Pre-screening, group interview and job offer, pre-screening was hold by an experienced associate who explore about the motivation to do this job, this was the first filter, then a group interview with management team, they explore the ability to follow direct instructions and the skills in problem solving, after this interview selected candidates receives an offer and was pointed for a meeting with human resources to discuss the terms, at that point people accept or reject the job.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related with problem solutions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew the salary rate since the beginning

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap in October 2010.

Interview

You apply and one of the managers contacts you. You interview with him and it can either be in a group setting or a personal setting. Mine was with one other girl. He asks you basic questions like "why do you want to work at the gap? do you have experience in retail?" Then, if he likes you, he'll call you and you have a second interview with the general manager. If he likes you, you get called again and offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap in September 2010.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with management. Be yourself, dress to impress (Gap style people!!) and be confident. Being bilingual a major plus as with all jobs!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Gap?   1 Answer