Gap Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.3

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online process took 2 weeks . Interview was very easy, the one who interviewed me was laid back. They interview me & another person at the same time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to several Gap locations around the Chicago-land area over several weeks ago. After getting impatient, I decided to call the Gap downtown Chicago to see if they were hiring and they said yes. The associate I spoke to stated people don't usually call to check the application status and she appreciated the fact I did. But she informed me that they are having upcoming interviews and she would put my name down on the list. Then the following Sunday I was emailed by the Assistant manager about interview coming up the following week. I immediately took the first one that Tuesday. I had a group interview of 7 including myself that lasted about 45 minutes including introductions, asking us questions and then we asking him any. Later on Friday evening I got an email that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What gets you out bed every morning?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to work with someone and it was a negative experience and how did you resolve that conflict.   Answer Question
    • Who is your favorite teacher/ coworker/ and or manager and why?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time where you had great customer service and what made it special.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Was asked more questions than I expected! Interview was fairly easy if you have experience to back up your answers. Pretty informal interview process, not what I'm used to. Overall good interview.

Interview Questions

Took a different job at higher pay rate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

They took you into the back, sat you down in the store room, and asked you a couple questions that didn't really seem relevant. They then told you there if you were hired.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is straightforward and consists of a group interview with several other candidates. We were taken to a backroom and was introduced to several team members who were currently employed with the Gap. They discussed their experience as well as loss prevention protocol. As far as group interviews go, this was fairly standard with most retail service positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an employee or customer theft?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the general manager for about fifteen minutes - if they already know you or at least know of you, the interview will be short as they have probably communicated with your supervisors prior to your interview. If not they will ask you to describe your last work experience, why it is relevant to the position you are applying for, and why you think you're the best candidate. Interviews vary GREATLY from manager to manager. The particular manager I interviewed with was leaving the company in less than two weeks and this seemed fairly disinterested in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this volume of store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to be in a group interview, but they forgot about me so I had to do it alone. It was very fast and simple with barely any pressure.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where things were going bad and you took charge and averted it.   Answer Question

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Skokie, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Exhausting process. Had four interviews which involved a lot of travel. You would think I was applying for an SM position. First met with the Store Manager, the the head Visual Manager. About a two weeks later, met with the District Visual Manager and then two weeks after that met with the actual District Manager. They all asked the same questions about merchandising basics like past experiences, composition, etc.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me from this mannequin set up? What story are they telling you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Transferring to a store initially was a lot more of a lengthy and difficult process. The interviewer was late while I had to wander around the store for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• My winter availability, my previous role in the last store I worked in, and how I see myself being of any benefit to Gap by transferring to this specific store   Answer Question