Gap Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

the interview process was a group interview basic questions like , why gap ? , what do you know about gap, what is your style ? best customer service experience , the worst experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

Round table interview with Gap employees and potential employees in conference room with Q&A, duration 1 hour, Gap passes out a sheet with questions and you answer questions as assigned.

Interview Questions

• What is your best attribute, last job responsibilities, why do you want to work at the Gap.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Basic questions. Really easy. Don't have to be a genius to get this job. It's simple. Just have to be able/know how to use a computer/navigate around the internet.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied Online for the Rocklin Call Center in April, I did not hear back from them until the middle of June. Then I did an over the phone interview, afterwards they asked me to come to an in person group interview. There were 4 of us total at the group interview. We were given some info about working there and then had to answer 5 questions each in depth about experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

asked what you knew about current trends

Interview Questions

• asking about a customer yelling and what you would do and other scenarios   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Abbotsford, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief and casual at coffee shop next to store. Interviewer was very friendly and not intimidating. The whole interview was no longer than 15 minutes. They did a great job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came to you and was upset about something?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and a couple weeks later was scheduled for an interview. Met with the manager in store and proceeded with the interview in the office. During the interview, the manager was nice and polite. The interview took about 15 minutes. After the interview was over she stated she would be in contact if I got the job.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I was applying for seasonal position at Baby Gap.

Starting from Nov., retail stores like Gap will start hiring people to prepare for boxing day and Christmas.

The process was simple, apply online at gapinc and they will call you.
    This call can either be an interview with questions like (what do you know about our company? Are you into fashion industry? and others), while for me, they just ask me to go for a face-to-face interview.

The questions asked during the interview are:
    1. What is a great customer service that you encountered?

2. Say that you are in a store full of jeans (for example), how do you go on in convincing your customer to leave with a pair?

The answers can be very straight forward, just follow your instinct.
    Despite of your answers, one main thing they look at is the availability, they tend to choose people who are available in the WEEKENDS !!!!

Interview Questions

• There are no trick questions or what so ever <see above>, so just go there with confidence and you will be fine.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap in September 2012.

Interview

Received a brief, but thorough phone interview asking for amount of customer service in my employment background as well as specific questions about past experiences in customer service. They do ask for specific examples.

Was then asked to come to a group interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was not planned or expected. I was caught of gaurd and would like to have been more prepared.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

You have to apply online. You can't apply in person. Find out a lot about the company ahead of time to show off your knowledge. The interview is with the manager. She'll ask you some questions, ask for references, and then she'll make you walk around the store and pick out clothes that you think look nice together to see if you have a good fashion sense.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Why do you specifically want to work for Gap?   1 Answer