Gap Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call asking for an interview the next day. They said it was going to be a group interview but when I arrived the man who was going to interview me was out. Another woman interviewed me but it was one on one. She was very nice and told me about herself, asked me about myself, then told me about the company. She asked me three questions then asked if I had any questions for her. It was very laid back and I felt really comfortable. They said they'd call in the next two days if I got the job. It actually took four days but I got an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and wasn't called until a month later. Had a one to one interview with the hiring manager. It was quick and easy. Wasn't really nervous at all. Was asked typical interview questions.

Other job offer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interview with myself and 3 other people, not to be crude but I truly felt as though I was the best candidate for the position out of the group. The interviewer was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in me in particular but also in this other girl, who it seemed like she might have known her personally, or could see herself getting along with her as a friend. (i'm assuming that girl was the one chosen). She had tattoo's, cleavage popping out, and very poor grammar, and you could tell she had an attitude. She also hardly smiled, I told her she should smile and her response was "im not even worried, i know i got this job". Hence why I think she knew the interviewer . As you can tell, i REALLY wanted this job, and was really bummed, lol. Anyway, interviewer asked questions about what we would do in this/that situation, our personalities, our best qualities, and then we did a scenario where we put together an outfit in 5 minutes and explained why we picked it. So there you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service quality?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I know someone who works at the store that I now work at. She told the Merchandise manager about me and told my friend to have me submit my resume online. I interviewed about a week later. It lasted 15 minutes in which she asked who my style icon was, what my dream job was and why I was interested in being a merchandiser. It was very casual and she was easy to talk to. Online application had some situational questions, that were easy and didn't even come up in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Who my style icon was. I had a couple, but I didn't see it coming since the Gap has a specific look.   1 Answer

Negotiation

On my online application I asked for $11 an hour and the store manager told me he could give me $10.50 which I accepted.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I was invited to the manager's office and asked basic interview questions. They didn't require a lot of retail experience and learned how to do a lot on the job, like work the register and the POS system. The manager was very friendly and seemed eager to meet me. He walked me around the store and introduced me to other employees right after my interview.

Gap Inc Interview Questions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, faca to face interview, interview with manager

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the manager within four days. Three days later, I had a group interview with a manager and two other interviewees. It was fairly laid back and focused more on personality and integrity than sales experience. It was the only job interview I've been to where multiple people were interviewed. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Which is worse: an employee stealing from the company or a customer stealing from the company?   Answer Question