Gap Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week later to come in for an interview for the next day. I got the a half hour early. It was a group interview with myself and 3 other people. It was a fun interview. We were interviewed by on of the store managers and the general manager. We had to go around the store and tell them what we saw.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy actually. I was interviewed by the GM and he was a very chill and easy going person. He made the interview very comfortable so I was able to really stand out and be myself. I was hired as a seasonal associate so hopefully I am offered a part time position when the time comes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My pay. Due to the fact that I had retail experience my pay was negotiable to a certain extent.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online like everyone else and was called about a week later to come in for a group interview. I arrived at the store a bit earlier then the scheduled time just so I could scope out the environment. I saw that there were 5 of us total and the assistant manager came out and took us to what I'm assuming was the stockroom. She had us sit down on seats that were arranged to look like a semi-circle. She asked us basic questions such as "What does customer service mean to you?", "Tell me about your past work experience.", etc. We each answered one at a time starting from the person that was nearest to her. The group interview was great because we were given the chance to think about our answers while someone else was giving theirs. After the interview she lead us back out and we were told that she'd be giving some of us a call for a second interview with either herself or the general manager. A few days later I received a call for a second interview with the general manager. I was given about a day's notice before coming back in. The second interview was one-on-one with the general manager and it took about 15 minutes. She asked similar questions but more in depth. We talked about my past experience and asked why I was interested in the job. Everything went smoothly as I was less nervous and at the end she told me I should expect a call the following day. It was the next day and just as she said the assistant manager offered me the job! Overall, it was a good interviewing experience and my only tips would be to research a little bit about the company itself and its policies and also remember to ask questions! You'll also leave a lasting impression if you differ your answers from everyone else's during group interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was not hard I applied on a Monday had an interview on Tuesday and got a call back Wednesday with an offer the interview was just your run of the mill questions about your life what you do and how you spend your time. Very easy going interview. The overall experience was a positive one I liked the interview and she liked me so it was a good process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me, I came in, and was hired on the spot.
    Then i came in for a orientation. I watched videos, and was put out on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Ames, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was in a group interview, the manager higher Rd all of us, but it was weird because we were competing against each other. She asked a star method questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gap?   1 Answer
    • Tell me an experience you had with a customer who wasn't getting what they wanted, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had got a call/VM from an AM & was told to call back if I was interested in a job with gap but due to my phone dying I had to call the next day. I called & spoke to another AM & she said she'll call me back because of a meeting she had & about two weeks later she did & was thrilled that I was still interested in the job. I was asked to come
    to a group interview & when I arrived it was only me & another guy. lt was a super cool casual interview and she asked basic questions because of the prior phone interview we did two days earlier. "Why did you apply to the gap?" Do you shop at the gap? Etc. She took us on the floor & had us pick out an outfit that someone of all ages could wear & was impressed with what we picked out , she took us back down stairs & told us she loved us & wanted to pass us on to the GM for the final interview. We would've had met with him that day but due to a new gap & banana republic opening up he was unavailable.

I met with him two days after & he asked me questions like " tell me about yourself? Do you shop for people? Tell me about a time you had to shop & oick out outfits for someone else? Etc. He took me back on the floor & had me pick out two outfits (male & female) & explain to him why I chose what I picked out & he liked it.. he took me back down stairs & told me on the spot he wanted to hire me & gave me my hourly rate & all..

You have to go to two classes & they teach you all you need to know & the do's & dont's.. you dont have to wear gap clothing , it just have to look gap'ish, like something they'll sell.

Just be yourself, ask questions, smile, laugh & have good energy that people can connect with. They love yhat.

Interview Questions

• If hired, where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Lakewood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call two days later from the manager asking me to come in and interview. The interview was at a different location than the location I applied to work at. I had to drive over an hour to get to the interview location. The manager who interviewed me was super nice. The interview was a group interview, which I was unaware of. Although I was nervous about being interviewed in a group at first, the other two men who were in the group were even more nervous and kept fumbling. The process was fairly casual with fairly easy questions. They were mostly about how you got along with former employers and work mates and how well you worked in a group. At the end of the interview the manager each spoke to us one on one. He told me he thought I would be a great fit and needed to run my information through the system and he would contact me as soon as possible. The next day I got a call from him saying they would love to have me begin the job as soon as possible. The following day I went to the store for an orientation and got my schedule for that week! Extremely quick process.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite boss or teacher and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to be in a group interview, but they forgot about me so I had to do it alone. It was very fast and simple with barely any pressure.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where things were going bad and you took charge and averted it.   Answer Question

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online more than once and to several adds across a period of time, so I don't know how long it really took to get a call back, But I did get a call for an interview. It was a group interview with me and 3 other girls.