Gap Interview Questions in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Grand Junction, Mesa, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later got a call to come in for an interview and ask for the manger. I showed up and found out I was interviewing with 2 other people. She basically asked us each our experience, availability and then she read us questions about what we would do in a situation and questions about giving an example of how we handled a certain situation in the past and whoever answered first got to answer and then we moved on to the next question. We were asked why we wanted to work at the GAP and if we were familiar with the product. Then the manager said she would make a decision by the end of the week. This interview however was not with the Head store manager but one of the assistant managers.

I recommend thinking of your question answers quickly and trying to answer as many questions as you can. Dressing GAP like is important. any of our dressier tops with GAP jeans or dress pants or layer tanks/tees with a cardigan or blazer with gap jeans or a cropped pant. The dress code does not allow tennis shoes or flip flops. So wedges with a strap back or flats are best. and smile, be polite, the usual interview attitude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a confrontation with another co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer acting suspiciously with an item, as if they might be looking to shoplift it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I got the call that they wanted me to work for them I came in and sat with 2 other people (different from the 2 i Interviewed with) and we watched our training videos, filled out paperwork, and did our "scavenger hunt" which was just figuring out "hot spots" and knowing the DM's name. (None of which I really use). We didn't discuss pay, we we are just told what we were making, which was 50 cents over minimum wage. Not bad for the three us us being 16-20. Went over dress code, lockers, clocking in/out.