Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Paramus, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process went okay. I applied online and over a month later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I came in early and heard the manager complain about how I was too early through the walkie (I was 10 minutes early). We left the store and sat outside on some chairs (it was a mall). It was a group interview. It was meant to be four girls but one of the girls didn't show. We were only asked three questions and the rest of the interview was the manager talking about what are responsibilities would be, or about her own experiences, It lasted an entire hour! It was mostly just her talking. It was a tad unprofessional. I'm positive I answered all the questions absolutely professionally, and apart from that, I was as upbeat as I possibly could be. Throughout the interview though, I noticed that the manager interviewing me was not giving me any sort of eye contact. She only gave eye contact to the other two girls being interviewed. I thought perhaps my outfit did not grab her attention (I was wearing a gap floral shirt, dress pants, and flats) or maybe I just rubbed her the wrong way, it was very upsetting, and I felt very uncomfortable because of it. After the interview she said she'd get back to us a week later. I was never given a phone call or even an email saying whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap? How did you deal with a bad customer experience in the past? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy. She just wanted to get to know me by asking me about my past internships/officer position in my club. Pretty conversational, only a few questions gauging my experience with marketing/the digital space. She spent the last half of the interview telling me about the role more specifically, logistical details, etc. I probably didn't get past the phone screening because the call kept dropping/signal was poor and I got flustered.

Loss Prevention Area Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (South Florida, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview invite via email 7 days later. They asked for various dates and times of availability for that week in order to schedule the interview. A week later I received a response apologizing for the delay and we scheduled the interview for that week. I was called exactly on time for the interview. The HR Recruiter who conducted the interview was quite rude and cut me off during my answers. It seemed very rushed for time. The interview style is antiquated in comparison to other, more modern interviews in which I've taken part in lately. The entire interview was "Tell me about a time when..." phrased. They seem to be looking for direct, concise, cookie cutter answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what makes a Loss Prevention representative successful.   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level personnel you have investigated/interviewed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on an investigation that involved a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you could not complete a task on time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager took me back to a office, she told me about herself, then I did the same. She then asked me the interview questions. After all the questions were complete she had me pick out a outfit and then sell it to her.

Summer Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was super conversational. I had sent the recruiter an email expressing my interest in working with them and she responded relatively quickly suggesting we interview on the phone. We briefly spoke on the phone about a few of my experiences and how I could be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• Going over experiences. Behavioral & Analytical experiences.   Answer Question

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

You apply online, they then send you a 45 min online exam. If successful, will conduct a phone screening. I don't think they take your qualifications into consideration. I was surprised when they rejected me 2 times after the phone interview. I hold a master's degree in fashion, also have extensive experience. I feel they hire internally and the interview process is merely a tasl that needs to be completed by them.

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was first required to send my resume and transcripts through the company's portal. Then there is a two part assessment. One aspect of it is numerical (basic calculations and interpretation of data), and the second was an in-depth personality questionnaire that asked decision making, problem solving and other detailed questions based on a scale.

Interview Questions

• It is easy to make important decisions
      (extremely, most of the time, sometimes, moderate, occasionally, never).
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Had one phone interview with a senior member of the team I would work for. He didn't do a good job steering the interview and asked many random questions. I didn't even receive an answer on how I did on the interview. It's been about 4 weeks since I interviewed and no follow up or answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I saw the job opening in-store, but application is online. I submitted my application. I got a call 2 days later verifying the availability I've put and asked if I was available for an interview the following week.

Came in 10 minutes early. Hiring manager and a sales associate were there to interview me. Asked me if I had any questions. After that, they sent me to the gloor to pick an outfit for a male customer going out for dinner and drinks with his friends. I asked them how old the guy was (21 y/o they said). I had to explain why I chose the outfit. When I was done, they asked me about salary.

I'' going in for a second interview--this time with the General Manager--tomorrow. Will find out if I get an offer or not.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in October 2016.

Interview

1st round behavioral inteview. Than case project and final round interview. Final round which I was not offered is in San Francisco. They are very transparent throughout the whole process. They seem to be looking for business majors and people who have experience working spreadsheets and in the industry. My biggest advice is to study up for the project and create financial sheets.

Interview Questions

• Why gap inc?
      How do you plan to take your project to market?
      Answer Question