Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,220 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,220 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy. She just wanted to get to know me by asking me about my past internships/officer position in my club. Pretty conversational, only a few questions gauging my experience with marketing/the digital space. She spent the last half of the interview telling me about the role more specifically, logistical details, etc. I probably didn't get past the phone screening because the call kept dropping/signal was poor and I got flustered.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

2 over the phone interviews, 1 onsite that consisted of 5 interviews. It was a mostly behavioral questions, with a few technical questions. The onsite was 30 minutes each for every interviewer i met with. The recruiter was quick to update me of progress and next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December but didn't get a call until February. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was easy and felt more like a conversation so it went very smoothly. Other candidates were also being interviewed that day and the following day also. I received a call the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here? / What attracted you to Gap?   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal work culture.   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the word feedback?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager took me back to a office, she told me about herself, then I did the same. She then asked me the interview questions. After all the questions were complete she had me pick out a outfit and then sell it to her.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was basic, asked basic behaviorial questions. The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming, and the interview was very conversational. It was a one step process. Also, the management was very friendly and nice.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I went in to the store and was asked questions in a one on one setting that were pretty straight forward and I was able to answer them. I was also asked to pick out an outfit.