Gap Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.1

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application and phone interview. Applied first and then recieved a phone call a few days later to schedule an interview. Fairly straight forward, chill process. Just wants to get to know you better and whether you would be a good fit. Prior experience definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite piece of clothing and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very laid back, not too hard and was hired on the spot. Only downside is that they took a long time to get back to me. I applied in December and they didn't get back to me until around March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.

Why do you want this job?

Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online process took 2 weeks . Interview was very easy, the one who interviewed me was laid back. They interview me & another person at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Southaven, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was super quick and easy. I applied online and then I got a call a day later asking me a few questions and then she set up an interview the following day. I went in and interviewed and it went well. He asked the basic interview questions and discussed what would be expected of me if hired. Super professional and laid back. He said if hired that they would call the next day to proceed with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December 2015 and didn't get a call back till February 2016. I had a group interview, myself plus 3 other people. The process was really easy going and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you want me to know about you ?
      Previous jobs ?
      What job you think has prepared you for this job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was in a group setting, it was very released and just felt like a conversation vs. being grilled about yourself and the company, there was no pressure. There were two managers and about eight - ten people within our interview group. It was no longer than twenty minutes and they said we'll hear back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Gap? Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy i applied but the wait for a call back was so long,but when I finally got a call back it was for a group interview which was fun and seem to be more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a uncomfortable moment you had and how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was fast, it was 10 minutes tops. It was also very easy. Probably the easiest interview ever! I was hired on the spot. Be sure to be there early because they absolutely love it. It was easy the manager liked me. Just be sure to be yourself and really interact with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was basic questions you expect at any interview, it was simple and not anything that demanded more thought into it. They did not ask questions about the company more about you and your experience

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview process they just really want to see if you have a passion for clothes and that you will work when called upon. Mentioning fashion and blogs that you keep up with is always a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with fashion   1 Answer