Gap Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

It was a layed back interview environment the interviewer was very kind and asked basic interview questions that were pretty typical.Definately to research on the company before the interview because they do ask questions about Gap's history and they also ask you what you know about Gap. They seem to be looking for people that have a passion for fashion and that want opportunities to grow in the fashion industry within the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Group interview, you had to put together a look and it's timed, you had 10 mins, if you passed you stayed for the second round and go through a series of questions

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very laid back, not too hard and was hired on the spot. Only downside is that they took a long time to get back to me. I applied in December and they didn't get back to me until around March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.

Why do you want this job?

Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview. Try to talk to other interviewing people so the person conducting the interview knows you can get along with others. If they like you, you get called in for a one on one interview the following day or a closer date.

Interview Questions

• Make an outfit usin the clothes on sales floor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Bronx, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Well I applied online and was told to call back the store within a week so I did just that. I called spoke to the GM he was really nice and two days later I went in for my interview. It really felt like I was having a regular conversation and not a interview that’s how comfortable I felt I was only available for part time which wasn’t a problem. He made me an offer which I took. Two days later I called and passed the back round check and I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application and phone interview. Applied first and then recieved a phone call a few days later to schedule an interview. Fairly straight forward, chill process. Just wants to get to know you better and whether you would be a good fit. Prior experience definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite piece of clothing and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Grand Junction, Mesa, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later got a call to come in for an interview and ask for the manger. I showed up and found out I was interviewing with 2 other people. She basically asked us each our experience, availability and then she read us questions about what we would do in a situation and questions about giving an example of how we handled a certain situation in the past and whoever answered first got to answer and then we moved on to the next question. We were asked why we wanted to work at the GAP and if we were familiar with the product. Then the manager said she would make a decision by the end of the week. This interview however was not with the Head store manager but one of the assistant managers.

I recommend thinking of your question answers quickly and trying to answer as many questions as you can. Dressing GAP like is important. any of our dressier tops with GAP jeans or dress pants or layer tanks/tees with a cardigan or blazer with gap jeans or a cropped pant. The dress code does not allow tennis shoes or flip flops. So wedges with a strap back or flats are best. and smile, be polite, the usual interview attitude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a confrontation with another co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer acting suspiciously with an item, as if they might be looking to shoplift it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I got the call that they wanted me to work for them I came in and sat with 2 other people (different from the 2 i Interviewed with) and we watched our training videos, filled out paperwork, and did our "scavenger hunt" which was just figuring out "hot spots" and knowing the DM's name. (None of which I really use). We didn't discuss pay, we we are just told what we were making, which was 50 cents over minimum wage. Not bad for the three us us being 16-20. Went over dress code, lockers, clocking in/out.

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Wellington, FL).

Interview

I applied through snagajob and got a call within 45 minutes. I had an interview with the assistant manager, and during that interview was asked to come back for another interview with the store manager. Very laid back. She said she'd call me on a thursday but didn't call me until sunday to offer me the job. Then said she'd call me on tuesday to set up orientation and didn't call me until thursday night. Started me out at 8.50.

Interview Questions

• Questions included what customer service means to me, where I received the best customer service, who I look up to, what would I do with an unruly customer, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because she offered me exactly what I wanted. 8.50/hrly and didn't mind that I couldnt work saturdays.

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Branson, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was really nice about it, and didn't ask too many questions. She was short, sweet, and to the point. She asked the questions and was upfront about whether or not I got the job. She told me straight up that I would get the job right when the background check came back. Which is really nice, I hate suspense.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, and I never really had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $8.00 an hour and I accepted, because that was 75 cents more than my last job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I was given a call after 2 interviews with a start date. Piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer?   2 Answers