Gap Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a Normal Interview, They want to know what can of experience you have, if they need to teach you and if you demonstrate the you are a hard working individual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

One interview - took place in store. Lasted no more than 30 minutes.
    Easy interview. Asked very basic questions - asking about myself. What previous experience I had. Behavioral questions as well

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fast and simple, I was asked to explain my roles with previous employers. I was asked about my availability. The job description and role was explained. The manager said she will be giving me a call soon. I received a call the next day to finish online application and background check to start working..

Interview Questions

• The manager asked about availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Alexandria, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

There is one interview after an online application. It was very informative with 4 questions. It was very conversational. There was also an activity to put outfits together based on stated criteria. I was offered a job and was told the next steps at the end of the interview. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your go-to outfit?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Gap?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Bronx, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Well I applied online and was told to call back the store within a week so I did just that. I called spoke to the GM he was really nice and two days later I went in for my interview. It really felt like I was having a regular conversation and not a interview that’s how comfortable I felt I was only available for part time which wasn’t a problem. He made me an offer which I took. Two days later I called and passed the back round check and I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview. Try to talk to other interviewing people so the person conducting the interview knows you can get along with others. If they like you, you get called in for a one on one interview the following day or a closer date.

Interview Questions

• Make an outfit usin the clothes on sales floor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application and phone interview. Applied first and then recieved a phone call a few days later to schedule an interview. Fairly straight forward, chill process. Just wants to get to know you better and whether you would be a good fit. Prior experience definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite piece of clothing and why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very laid back, not too hard and was hired on the spot. Only downside is that they took a long time to get back to me. I applied in December and they didn't get back to me until around March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.

Why do you want this job?

Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Southaven, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was super quick and easy. I applied online and then I got a call a day later asking me a few questions and then she set up an interview the following day. I went in and interviewed and it went well. He asked the basic interview questions and discussed what would be expected of me if hired. Super professional and laid back. He said if hired that they would call the next day to proceed with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December 2015 and didn't get a call back till February 2016. I had a group interview, myself plus 3 other people. The process was really easy going and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you want me to know about you ?
      Previous jobs ?