Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017
1,283 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple, and professional. Manager was very nice and clear about the specific tasks I would be performing. Hired on site. Dress Professionally and bring a resume. Also be prepared to wait awhile before you start working, which is normal in retail and fine for me.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done as a group and for the holidays. It was very relaxed but interactive. I actually had a lot of fun and had good vibes from my future coworkers. The managers were great too.

Interview Questions

• Take 10 minutes and assemble the perfect fall outfit with pieces from the newly released lookbook.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was scheduled 3 days after i did the application i was really nervous but she didnt really ask much just the basic questions it was pretty laid back and chill we talked like friends (:

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap in August 2016.

Interview

Typical interview. Basic mechanic questions. Pfirat interview with the maintenance manager then second interview with both maintenance supervisors at the same time. The interviews were back to back same day interview then did the skills test

Interview Questions

• There are 4 resumes everything is the same except the names why should i pick yours   1 Answer

Principal Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an extremely negative experience. I was invited for a face to face interview, the interviewers were arrogant and disrespectful and lacked basic professional behavior. The problem started when they started interviewing me for a different job without bothering to check if I would be interested in the role. The manager did not have a JD available and could not articulate the responsibilities. They kept interrupting me and repeating that they did not have time. One manager even made insulting remarks about my background in consulting with Big4. They asked generic broad based questions as though looking for free consulting.

Interview Questions

• You have other interviews lined up, why are you leaving?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by phone a day later to schedule an interview. Was initially a group interview but the other applicant did not show up. The interview questions themselves were not hard but the interviewer really tried to dig for deeper answers. If I was a sponge, pretty much all the water physically possible was squeezed out of me. The interviewer also asked for my age too which I am pretty sure is illegal. It seems like the difficulty of the interview varies based on location.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)).

Interview

handed in my CV and interviewed me on the spot on the shop floor. very unprofessional and seemed extremely not bothered. She said she'll call back. but I already found a job within the time of call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, & got a call the next day for an interview. Went in, & 1st manager interviewed me & just talked like friends. 2nd manager interviewed me & asked me about personal life. Got offered the job on the spot. Really easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview at Toronto Gap
    Group of 6. 3 (including me) for sales and 3 for stock.

Questions: what is something unique about you. Fav color. Given scenarios with options.

Told to go into the store and pick out outfit for a toddler and present it to group.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was very formal and she just asked basic interview questions about the position and why I want to work with GAP specifically. I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted. Just really know the GAP company as a whole, ( Old Navy, Banana Republic.)

Interview Questions

• Why GAP?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?
      Why do you like retail/customer service?
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question