Gap Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.1

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Group interview, you had to put together a look and it's timed, you had 10 mins, if you passed you stayed for the second round and go through a series of questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Moscow (Russia)) in January 2013.

Interview

looked up the positions available online.
    gave a call to their hr department in the head office
    was told how to apply directly to a store
    went to the store and asked for the position
    filled out 30 questions application
    was asked couple questions about previous experience
    was later interviewed by the branch manager
    got a respond in 2 days with an offer
    went to their office to filled out the papers
    started the next day

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with situation where an outfit does not suit a person but you have a daily sales target?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

It was a layed back interview environment the interviewer was very kind and asked basic interview questions that were pretty typical.Definately to research on the company before the interview because they do ask questions about Gap's history and they also ask you what you know about Gap. They seem to be looking for people that have a passion for fashion and that want opportunities to grow in the fashion industry within the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very laid back, not too hard and was hired on the spot. Only downside is that they took a long time to get back to me. I applied in December and they didn't get back to me until around March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.

Why do you want this job?

Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online process took 2 weeks . Interview was very easy, the one who interviewed me was laid back. They interview me & another person at the same time.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, few questions like why do you want to work here, the usual stuff. Most of the time it's a group interview, but I had a conflict at the time so they were fine with scheduling the interview to be 1:1 later on in the day. It was pretty easy, they didn't ask too much out of the norm and the interviewer wasn't harsh or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Please pick an outfit for (insert generic person here)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Southaven, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was super quick and easy. I applied online and then I got a call a day later asking me a few questions and then she set up an interview the following day. I went in and interviewed and it went well. He asked the basic interview questions and discussed what would be expected of me if hired. Super professional and laid back. He said if hired that they would call the next day to proceed with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in April 2014.

Interview

Easy online application with a resume and a cover letter upload. They called to set up an interview time within 2 weeks. I was out of town at school, so I did mine over the phone. They were very flexible in terms of finding a way to make it work. I did hear that in-person interviews were done in a group.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap?
      What makes you a good fit for our company?
      What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A - hourly

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy i applied but the wait for a call back was so long,but when I finally got a call back it was for a group interview which was fun and seem to be more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a uncomfortable moment you had and how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December 2015 and didn't get a call back till February 2016. I had a group interview, myself plus 3 other people. The process was really easy going and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you want me to know about you ?
      Previous jobs ?