Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,220 Interview Reviews

2.3

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Atlantic City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

fill out app online answer questions wait for call and then go in for interview. last thing is background check before they hire you it took longer than expected for mine but it came back and the process was swift to get me started as new employee

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

quick, easy, did not feel pressure or nervous. Staff was very good at answering questions and concerns. Overall best experience i had interviewing. It did not have a typical question answer structure. Instead it was more of a conversation base, kept it light and fun.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews: one on one and Group Interview
    At some point during the interview you may be instructed to create outfits. The outfits will be judged.
    Make sure you have a good availability to start off with. There wouldn't be job openings if they didn't have spaces to fill.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to diffuse an escalated situation with a costumer   1 Answer

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Went to information session, applied through website, was contacted to complete an online questionnaire with basic retail math and qualitative questions, moved on to next round interview, which was a 30 minute phone screen with basic behavioral questions. Recruiter was extremely rude, interrupted me while I was answering questions, rushing me and giving off the impression that she was distracted and not paying attention. Worst experience with a recruiter I've had and really left a bad impression on the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Had one phone interview with a senior member of the team I would work for. He didn't do a good job steering the interview and asked many random questions. I didn't even receive an answer on how I did on the interview. It's been about 4 weeks since I interviewed and no follow up or answer.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was a group interview, we all were asked to introduce ourselves, and to describe one thing that made us stand out or was different. Also to tell about what we did in our free time and to describe our past work history to the group. Overall, very laid-back and much less formal than any interview I had ever been to.

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume drop on university career site, then assessment (math+culture), then phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter seemed very rushed and uninterested in what I had to say which threw me off and led to me delivering not as polished answers as I would have liked to. It left a bad impression on Gap.

Interview Questions

• -Why Gap and why RMP
      -Time had to change approach due to change in situation
      -Time went above and beyond what had to do
      -What looking for in company
      -Time failed
      -Hobbies
      -Extracurricular activities
      -How to distribute 50k jackets that were introduced last season and are performing well
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I saw the job opening in-store, but application is online. I submitted my application. I got a call 2 days later verifying the availability I've put and asked if I was available for an interview the following week.

Came in 10 minutes early. Hiring manager and a sales associate were there to interview me. Asked me if I had any questions. After that, they sent me to the gloor to pick an outfit for a male customer going out for dinner and drinks with his friends. I asked them how old the guy was (21 y/o they said). I had to explain why I chose the outfit. When I was done, they asked me about salary.

I'' going in for a second interview--this time with the General Manager--tomorrow. Will find out if I get an offer or not.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Monday morning and got a call that afternoon asking if I could attend an interview on Friday. I walked in about 5 minutes early. She only asked me a few questions, then asked me to put together an outfit for her to wear on a date. I picked out two outfits one for a fancy date, and one for a more casual date. Then she asked me to sell it to her. Afterwards she she took me into the back and told me more details about the job. Then she said would love to have me, but she just had to wait for my background check to come back. A few days later she called me telling me I had the job! I accepted, and am excited to start!

Fabric Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a casual interview with 2 lovely ladies, they were open about what they are currently missing and what kind of person that they are looking for. It was a productive and honest meeting. They also answered my questions with patience.

Interview Questions

• Could you be a bit over qualified for this role?   1 Answer