Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
1,320 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, & got a call the next day for an interview. Went in, & 1st manager interviewed me & just talked like friends. 2nd manager interviewed me & asked me about personal life. Got offered the job on the spot. Really easy.

Principal Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an extremely negative experience. I was invited for a face to face interview, the interviewers were arrogant and disrespectful and lacked basic professional behavior. The problem started when they started interviewing me for a different job without bothering to check if I would be interested in the role. The manager did not have a JD available and could not articulate the responsibilities. They kept interrupting me and repeating that they did not have time. One manager even made insulting remarks about my background in consulting with Big4. They asked generic broad based questions as though looking for free consulting.

Interview Questions

• You have other interviews lined up, why are you leaving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Augusta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. It was not a group interview, it was one on one in the office at Gap. I was asked some basic questions about myself and my past work experience. I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Gap   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Group interview. Kind of awkward at first, but the interviewers were relaxed and friendly. There were three of us being interviewed together in one room, taking turns to answer one question at a time. Then we filled out our availability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

You are interviewed in a group of made up of around 6-8 people, introductions are made all around. Interviewer, typically the manager, goes around the table asking each person something that they mentioned in their application that caught their attention. Series of personality questions regarding sense of fashion, hobbies, academics, etc.
    Not a stressful interview, fairly casual atmosphere but still professional.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you went out of your way to assist someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Dayton, OH).

Interview

it was mostly a group interview then sat down with one person who asked a few questions. We watched a video, and took a personality questionnaire. They had a few positions they were hiring for and they chose your job. I wanted logistics and they put me in customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple, and professional. Manager was very nice and clear about the specific tasks I would be performing. Hired on site. Dress Professionally and bring a resume. Also be prepared to wait awhile before you start working, which is normal in retail and fine for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Was called to schedule a face to face interview. From there, brought to back room of store and had interview (about 20 minutes). Basic interview questions, fairly average experience. (P.S this was at GAP Kids).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

small group interviews, just be honest and outgoing. Focus on being positive and how you do with interpersonal interaction. This is a very customer centered workplace, show you can handle that.

Interview Questions

• They had me style an outfit   1 Answer

Online Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a role with GAP / Banana Republic online in May 2017.

The preliminary interview was a phone call with one of the people on the marketing team. I assumed that because GAP is a high-profile brand, everyone would be professional and courteous. This was NOT the case.
    My call was scheduled at 11:00 a.m. and was expected to last about half an hour. I waited for a call from the associate I would be speaking with, but after 15 minutes, my hopes waned. I emailed the recruiter who had scheduled us, letting them know that the associate failed to call me.

Around 11:20 a.m. (twenty minutes AFTER the scheduled time), the associate finally called me. The associate hastily dismissed that they were extremely late in calling me and was very abrupt, cutting me off as I was explaining my experience and resume. The associate also was clearly disinterested and was clearly trying to rush me out the door. There were no questions they had for me, aside from the typical recruiter ones, "when can you start?," etc.

In addition to the poor timeliness of the associate, there were many technical difficulties. There was TONS of background noise so I assumed the person was out getting an early lunch, which was even more unprofessional than being late. The signal also kept cutting out, which I mentioned to the associate, but they also dismissed that until the call finally dropped and they moved somewhere with less interference.

It was the worst interview/call I have been on, which only lasted a total of 8 minutes. The associate was late, rude, and completely disrespectful and unprofessional. If I am willing to give you my time, you should also be willing to give me yours in a courteous manner.

I would never interview with GAP / Banana Republic again and strongly discourage others from doing so. If they treat their interviewees without courtesy, I can only imagine how they treat their fellow employees/coworkers later on.