Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,198 Interview Reviews

2.3

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to info session with an on campus recruiter, dropped my resume, and got an email the next day (as did other info session attendees) with an invitation to interview. The first round interview was behavioral with two mini case questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through linkedin, did phone interview which went really well, she told me she will definitely be in-touch with me that following week and to be patient as she was busy with merchandising interviews but assured me I will get a second interview with DM, the following week i got no response so I emailed her and still no response then I see she is posting on Linkedin. Very unprofessional i was shocked what is happening with these companies and their unprofessional HR approach? Disappointing especially by gap whom is affiliated with old navy "top place to interview"

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Dropped off my application to a manager and she interviewed me very quickly while on the sales floor. She called a few days later and offered me the position and ask if I could start right away.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an easy process for the interview. I applied online, got a phone call, exchanged a few emails and then had an in-person interview. Nothing too crazy was asked.

Interview Questions

other job offer was given at a different store.

Rotational Manageent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First behavioral interview was casual and conversational. Most of the questions were classic behavioral questions with a few hypothetical questions, nothing atypical. The second interview was project based. Both interviewers were very friendly and pleasant; everyone I have spoken with seems to really enjoy the RMP. I heard back from the first interview about a week later; still waiting to hear back from the second project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why specifically you are interested in Gap's RMP?   Answer Question

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I met GAP at the career fair, then later that night attended an info session about the Rotational Management Program. They filled the in-person interview slots based on a first come first serve response using a google doc, so I had to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was straightforward, but not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral and some situational. "If we came out with a new technology, how would you market it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Watertown, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

One interview with store manager, very laid back and easy to talk to. Was taken into the back office and the interview was 1 on 1. The questions were very similar to any retail job, and mostly asked about experience and some "what would you do if" questions. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in for a orientation later that week.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Standard interview questions. Friendly interviewers. Interested in talking about my experience. Started with a phone screen. Then asked to come in for a panel interview which included the hiring manager and other team members.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Brownsville, TX).

Interview

Completed online application, was called in a week later for an in store interview, was given a background check and two days later received a call from the store manager congratulating me on being hired for the position and verifying information etc. Then was called in for orientation and began working a few days later

Interview Questions

• What did my own personal style consist of   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA).

Interview

Fairly easy process. Series of typical retail interview questions with lots of scenario example questions that should be answered in full sentences with practical answers and commentary. Be jolly but don't over do it.