Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,300 Interview Reviews

2.3

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very brief. Applied, 1 week later got called for interview for the following week. Met with stock manger, who was very sexy btw lol, asked for my availability. We conversated for a awhil, he talk about him and the jobs he had and he only asked me about 3 or 4 questions that weren't hard at all. He asked about past experience, how i would handle conflict with co worker, and a time i didn't agree with a procedure. Was hired on the spot. He also said they were doing a mass hire due to about 25 people quitting over the past few months. Overall the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Paramus, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process went okay. I applied online and over a month later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I came in early and heard the manager complain about how I was too early through the walkie (I was 10 minutes early). We left the store and sat outside on some chairs (it was a mall). It was a group interview. It was meant to be four girls but one of the girls didn't show. We were only asked three questions and the rest of the interview was the manager talking about what are responsibilities would be, or about her own experiences, It lasted an entire hour! It was mostly just her talking. It was a tad unprofessional. I'm positive I answered all the questions absolutely professionally, and apart from that, I was as upbeat as I possibly could be. Throughout the interview though, I noticed that the manager interviewing me was not giving me any sort of eye contact. She only gave eye contact to the other two girls being interviewed. I thought perhaps my outfit did not grab her attention (I was wearing a gap floral shirt, dress pants, and flats) or maybe I just rubbed her the wrong way, it was very upsetting, and I felt very uncomfortable because of it. After the interview she said she'd get back to us a week later. I was never given a phone call or even an email saying whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap? How did you deal with a bad customer experience in the past? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in April 2017.

Interview

Given scenarios to choose the right outfit choice. Talked a little about ourselves, and why we decided to apply to Gap. Talked about Gap's overall motto, and what the expectations for the company are. We discussed what interests us in fashion, and how our lives led us to gravitate to it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Gap? What are the qualities of a good sales associate?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy. She just wanted to get to know me by asking me about my past internships/officer position in my club. Pretty conversational, only a few questions gauging my experience with marketing/the digital space. She spent the last half of the interview telling me about the role more specifically, logistical details, etc. I probably didn't get past the phone screening because the call kept dropping/signal was poor and I got flustered.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Loss Prevention Area Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (South Florida, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview invite via email 7 days later. They asked for various dates and times of availability for that week in order to schedule the interview. A week later I received a response apologizing for the delay and we scheduled the interview for that week. I was called exactly on time for the interview. The HR Recruiter who conducted the interview was quite rude and cut me off during my answers. It seemed very rushed for time. The interview style is antiquated in comparison to other, more modern interviews in which I've taken part in lately. The entire interview was "Tell me about a time when..." phrased. They seem to be looking for direct, concise, cookie cutter answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what makes a Loss Prevention representative successful.   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level personnel you have investigated/interviewed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on an investigation that involved a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you could not complete a task on time.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a fifteen minute phone screen with HR asking about my experience with web development and why I was interested in web development. He also asked about my understanding of the job requirements.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

2 over the phone interviews, 1 onsite that consisted of 5 interviews. It was a mostly behavioral questions, with a few technical questions. The onsite was 30 minutes each for every interviewer i met with. The recruiter was quick to update me of progress and next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.