Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,220 Interview Reviews

2.3

Rotational Manageent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First behavioral interview was casual and conversational. Most of the questions were classic behavioral questions with a few hypothetical questions, nothing atypical. The second interview was project based. Both interviewers were very friendly and pleasant; everyone I have spoken with seems to really enjoy the RMP. I heard back from the first interview about a week later; still waiting to hear back from the second project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why specifically you are interested in Gap's RMP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I met GAP at the career fair, then later that night attended an info session about the Rotational Management Program. They filled the in-person interview slots based on a first come first serve response using a google doc, so I had to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was straightforward, but not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral and some situational. "If we came out with a new technology, how would you market it?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Watertown, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

One interview with store manager, very laid back and easy to talk to. Was taken into the back office and the interview was 1 on 1. The questions were very similar to any retail job, and mostly asked about experience and some "what would you do if" questions. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in for a orientation later that week.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Standard interview questions. Friendly interviewers. Interested in talking about my experience. Started with a phone screen. Then asked to come in for a panel interview which included the hiring manager and other team members.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Brownsville, TX).

Interview

Completed online application, was called in a week later for an in store interview, was given a background check and two days later received a call from the store manager congratulating me on being hired for the position and verifying information etc. Then was called in for orientation and began working a few days later

Interview Questions

• What did my own personal style consist of   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA).

Interview

Fairly easy process. Series of typical retail interview questions with lots of scenario example questions that should be answered in full sentences with practical answers and commentary. Be jolly but don't over do it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online process took 2 weeks . Interview was very easy, the one who interviewed me was laid back. They interview me & another person at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First, apply through both the college career site and company official website. Next, online test including quantitative and personality test. After the test, you will receive the notice whether you go into the next round. Then, the phone interview. It lasts around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interested in this program?   Answer Question
    • How do you learn about this program?   Answer Question
    • Tell me one thing that you have different opinions with your boss and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, after taking personality and numerical tests online, after submitting online application.

First, I applied online.

The next day I got an email inviting me to take online tests.

The personality test gives you three phrases (for example, I am competitive, I think people are trustworthy, I think about the future). You have to choose which phrase is MOST like you, and which phrase is LEAST like you (and you leave one phrase without an answer). There are 100 of these (actually, they label it as 50, but on each page, they give you two sets of threes [if that makes sense]).

The numerical test gives you graphs and numbers and asks you questions that you generally have to calculate. There are I think 18 questions in 17 minutes.

After taking those, the next day I got an email inviting me to schedule the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the Rotational Management Program?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working for Gap?   1 Answer
    • I see you here that you indicated you were specifically interested in product management [out of three options when I applied online]. Why?   1 Answer
    • Not all of us are successful all the time. Tell us about a time you failed or didn't perform well.   1 Answer
    • How have you sought to improve yourself over the past year?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Got referred by a friend, contacted by the person in charge, came in for 2 interviews, on 2 days, and met with 3 people. I followed up, was asked about my hourly rate, and when I supplied my rate, I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with production work   1 Answer