Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,336 Interview Reviews

2.2

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed off site and then at the office in Manhattan. After being courted by the recruiter for a few weeks I interviewed with the hiring manager. It felt like a very good meeting. I was told I would be brought back. The recruiter strung me along for a few weeks before just disappearing. I think it's very disrespectful to bring a candidate on site and then not have the basic courtesy to simply reply to an email and say that she is no longer being considered. As a candidate, I spent a lot of time prepping plus I took the morning off from work. This experience left a bad impression of Gap.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my communication experience. I brought my writing portfolio and left samples.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Met the general manager the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She got to know me and asked me questions to figure out what type of retail experience and previous experience from past jobs. as well as do i see myself in retail for a longtime

Interview Questions

• Have you had any retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Noblesville, IN).

Interview

Asked how we work in teams and fashion advice. Most of the questions surrounded how we would solve problems and get customers to purchase more items through different sales techniques

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called the same day I applied online. The interview was with a nice hiring manager that asked me simple questions like tell me about yourself, who do you look up to for fashion, and other questions getting to know me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Super laid back. They asked standard questions. The interview was actually in a group setting and only took about fifteen minutes or so. They take some time to get back to you after the interview though

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about interviewing in person. It was a group interview with me and two other people. I like that format because the interview lasts longer and you really get a chance to market yourself compared to the other applicants. I got the call I received the job about two hours after I had the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Group interview process. I believe there were about 6 other people, and the store manager asked each of us various scenario type questions. Overall it was very simple, she was encouraging and wasn't out to get us, she brought us in because she liked us!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very brief. Applied, 1 week later got called for interview for the following week. Met with stock manger, who was very sexy btw lol, asked for my availability. We conversated for a awhil, he talk about him and the jobs he had and he only asked me about 3 or 4 questions that weren't hard at all. He asked about past experience, how i would handle conflict with co worker, and a time i didn't agree with a procedure. Was hired on the spot. He also said they were doing a mass hire due to about 25 people quitting over the past few months. Overall the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Paramus, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process went okay. I applied online and over a month later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I came in early and heard the manager complain about how I was too early through the walkie (I was 10 minutes early). We left the store and sat outside on some chairs (it was a mall). It was a group interview. It was meant to be four girls but one of the girls didn't show. We were only asked three questions and the rest of the interview was the manager talking about what are responsibilities would be, or about her own experiences, It lasted an entire hour! It was mostly just her talking. It was a tad unprofessional. I'm positive I answered all the questions absolutely professionally, and apart from that, I was as upbeat as I possibly could be. Throughout the interview though, I noticed that the manager interviewing me was not giving me any sort of eye contact. She only gave eye contact to the other two girls being interviewed. I thought perhaps my outfit did not grab her attention (I was wearing a gap floral shirt, dress pants, and flats) or maybe I just rubbed her the wrong way, it was very upsetting, and I felt very uncomfortable because of it. After the interview she said she'd get back to us a week later. I was never given a phone call or even an email saying whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap? How did you deal with a bad customer experience in the past? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in April 2017.

Interview

Given scenarios to choose the right outfit choice. Talked a little about ourselves, and why we decided to apply to Gap. Talked about Gap's overall motto, and what the expectations for the company are. We discussed what interests us in fashion, and how our lives led us to gravitate to it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Gap? What are the qualities of a good sales associate?   1 Answer