Gap Inventory Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute screener call with the recruiter, and was invited to come back for an interview/assessment day (as part of the IM Ready program at Old Navy). We were given a set of general interview questions/topics to cover and closer to the date, we were given some pre-work.

In-person assessment day included 1:1 interviews, solos assessments, and a group project/assessment.

The next day was invited back for later in the week for 3 in-person interviews with Senior Manager and Director level folks. Received and accepted an offer the following week.

Be ready to answer questions with concrete examples of when you've used data/analysis in your work. Be as confident and warm as possible. Express your genuine interest in retail, the role, and the company in your own terms.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager/management and used data to support your claim?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Inventory Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about three weeks later from a recruiter. After a pre-screening by the recruiter, I was invited to interview a few days later at their SF office. Unable to appear in person, I had to schedule phone interviews, obviously a disadvantage to in-person. Phone interview consisted of two 1-on-1 interviews, each roughly 30-minutes long. Interviewers were both part of the IM team: a manager and a planner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Usual "why Gap" and "strengths/weakness" questions. Be able to talk analytically through retail/inventory scenarios such as how much stock to send to a certain store and what kind of information you'd assess before making your decision.   Answer Question