Gap Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Merchandiser Interview Questions

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I know someone who works at the store that I now work at. She told the Merchandise manager about me and told my friend to have me submit my resume online. I interviewed about a week later. It lasted 15 minutes in which she asked who my style icon was, what my dream job was and why I was interested in being a merchandiser. It was very casual and she was easy to talk to. Online application had some situational questions, that were easy and didn't even come up in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Who my style icon was. I had a couple, but I didn't see it coming since the Gap has a specific look.   1 Answer

Negotiation

On my online application I asked for $11 an hour and the store manager told me he could give me $10.50 which I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Was asked simple questions like why do you want to work here and tell us a time you experienced an upset customer and how did you handle it

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in April 2015.

Interview

First contacted by a school recruiter over email. Was given a first round interview via phone with a general HR contact. Second round of interviews consisted of 3 back to back 30 minute calls with people who would be working on your team. Very nice people and went smoothly, but make sure you have done research prior otherwise it would be very difficult.

Interview Questions

• -Lots of behavioral questions
      -Name 3 companies and how you think they set themselves apart
      -Why Gap?
      -What trends have you been noticing, how do you keep up with style?
      Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in August 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was a 3 part process. One phone interview, one presentation interview, and then a comprehensive day of interviews, consisting of a math test, a group panel interview, and 2 2-on-1 interviews. Response time was always quick (48-72 hours) even from the time I applied, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What are some fashion trends in the marketing place currently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

could not negotiate