Gap Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

1.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview in the back area with assistant manager. Short 3-5 minute conversation. All people who were granted interviews were able to get offers and all accepted. Only bad thing was that your interview time can be scheduled for a certain time, but you might not get called into the back until 30 minutes later due to other candidates being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked about why Gap, why did the specific flagship store, and was told to try to sell the outfit I wore to the interviewer. The hiring manager was friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your job experience? Meaning of customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very typical. However, it was within a group setting where there were three other candidates in the interview with you. They would ask one question and have each candidate state their answers or how they would handle the specific situation. I found it to be odd, but they were hiring many employees at the time so probably did that to be efficient. But, overall, just retail oriented questions and situational questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way you could provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Elmhurst, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online maybe a week later I got a call on a Thursday afternoon at 7 asking if I wanted to come in for a group interview the next day. When I got there I was the first one there after about 5 mins 3 other girls came. She took us to the break room for the interview it was a very clam setting. I never had an interview like that before. It was the best interview I have every had. It truly felt like she was just talking to us and trying to know more about us. She implied that we had the job a couple times but didn't flat out say it. After the interview was over she said she was waiting for the background check to come in and than she would call us if we were hired. 4 days later I got a call from her offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience .   Answer Question
    • If I hire you what will you bring to the gap   1 Answer
    • tell me about a fav teacher or boss   1 Answer
    • what is your availability   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in July 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month before my interview. I never received a call or email. MAKE SURE YOU CALL WHERE APPLYING. Once I called it was a lightning fast process! It was a group interview with one other person. It was super easy and everyone was so sweet! The interview could be a little hard if you don't have any previous retail experience. It was not stressful at all! I was told that if I was offered the position, they would wait until the background check came back.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Edison, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took little over a month, maybe less. I applied and received a call for an interview about three weeks later. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 15 more minutes to be seen. It was a group interview. The manager came, introduced herself, and began the interview with me and two other applicants. She asked us about why we were interested in working for the company, details about ourselves, our retail experience, etc., and whether we had any questions. Overall it was pretty casual and stress free. I was hired the week after.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about loss prevention and what are some examples of it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and immediately got a call back. We set up an interview and he took me in the back room and asked me very few questions. The whole interview took maybe 5 minutes. I did not get an offer. If you are 16 with no job experience you will probably not get a call back after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tulalip, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Tulalip, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the hiring manager to come in and interview. I came in and the manager told me she wanted to hire me and if I would accept. We went over the pay, and my availability. I was then scheduled to come in for the new hire orientation the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

-group interview (5 candidates, 4 showed)
    -relaxed and casual process with business casual attire
    -little prep required
    -open communication with conversational dialogue
    -candidate driven (candidates mostly asked questions, while hiring manager responses led to more questions)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. It was a couple weeks until I got a call, asking to come in for an interview. Came to the interview, was interviewed immediately. Quick and easy going. I was offered the job on the spot. The store manager at my store is super sweet and easy going.