Gap Retail Management Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Retail Management Program Interview Questions

3.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap in September 2016.

Interview

I connected with Gap through a college career fair and had an on-campus interview the next day. The interview was about 30 minutes and was a basic behavioral interview. There was also an online assessment.

Interview Questions

• The first round was a basic behavioral interview. At the end there were a few situational questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume drop on university career site, then assessment (math+culture), then phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter seemed very rushed and uninterested in what I had to say which threw me off and led to me delivering not as polished answers as I would have liked to. It left a bad impression on Gap.

Interview Questions

• -Why Gap and why RMP
      -Time had to change approach due to change in situation
      -Time went above and beyond what had to do
      -What looking for in company
      -Time failed
      -Hobbies
      -Extracurricular activities
      -How to distribute 50k jackets that were introduced last season and are performing well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Sent Resume in, then a behavioral interview. Then a week long project focused on building a brand. Then a 3 day trip where they fly you out to meet with executives and group interview sessions.

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in October 2014.

Interview

First I thoroughly researched company, and then applied through university. To show my interest, I went to career fair and spoke with them, info session that night , and I received an on-campus interview the next day. Second round was fashion brand creation project, where you are expected to put in 8-10 hours of work. Very fun project, make sure you cover all bases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Overall good experience. I applied through my school site, first interview was at campus career center. Very friendly asked mostly about my previous experience, how well I knew gap, and why I was a good fit. Next was a project, where I had to come up with a new brand to add to their portfolio. They recommend about a week to prepare, but I definitely did not spend as much time as I could. In hindsight, I should have made mine more polished. They really want to see that you are well rounded and understand the creative side equally as the financial/strategy. Not asked to continue beyond this, but they went out of their way to give me a phone call explaining the pros and cons of my presentation and what I should improve on if I chose to reapply.

Interview Questions

• If I have 50,000 sweaters, how do I go about determining which stores to distribute them to, and how many to each?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was mainly behavioral with one case element regarding how I would distribute vests if I have 500,000 of them when the vests were doing really well in the market. After making it past the first interview, you had to do a project where you came up with a new brand for Gap Inc. The financial elements of this were challenging and since you had a short period of time to complete it, it was difficult to be thorough. You then had to present your new brand to the interviewer over skype.

Interview Questions

• If you have 500,000 vests when the vests are doing really well in the market, how would you distribute them?   1 Answer

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Gave my resume through career fair at my school. They quickly contacted me to set up an on-campus interview. After the interview, there was the next round where we had to create a new brand for the GAP and craft a presentation. Presented to a GAP recruiter via Skype.

Interview Questions

• If GAP was releasing a new leather jacket, how should it decide its distribution strategy?   Answer Question

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter online. Have phone interview with a recruiter (they asked average questions as well as those listed here, ie why Gap, why retail, puffy jackets question). They give you an assignment (others have listed details) with one week to complete. The day before your presentation (in person if local, by Skype if not) you must send them your documents and also complete an online assessment (half character traits, half SAT-type questions). You then spend about an hour presenting, answering questions about your presentation, answering normal interview questions and asking your own questions.

I had a great experience until after my presentation. The interviewer told me I would hear a yes, no, or maybe within 2 weeks, however, I did not get any sort of idea whatsoever until FIVE weeks later.

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in August 2014.

Interview

The first round was a fairly straightfoward half hour phone interview. Not too many difficult questions. The second round was much more difficult. It required a presentation in which one had to concoct a brand to add to the Gap Inc. portfolio. I was content with the job I did, but I was later informed that the business aspects of the presentation were not strong enough. Overall, however, the experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• How would you avoid internal competition between companies?   Answer Question

Retail Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

First round: phone interview, be prepared to discuss why GAP and specifically why retail. Additionally a couple of hypothetical questions were asked, nothing too hard, but probably used to weed out candidates.
    2nd round: Very comprehensive project requiring the candidate to come up with an additional brand that GAP should add to their portfolio, which includes, market positioning, competition, financials, and overall macro level strategy in reasoning why GAP should ask this. You have 15 minutes to present this to a recruiter, and then she will ask a variety of questions like--how did you arrive at your financials, how is your product different from competition/existing GAP products, etc. The suggested time was 6-8 hours spent on this, but personally I spent a lot more since the topic was extremely broad

Had to wait 2 weeks to hear back, even though I thought I did well, apparently it wasn't good enough.

Interview Questions

• If you had to distribute 5000 puffy vests, what factors would you take into consideration and why?   Answer Question