Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straightforward. I applied online and within a couple days I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. After completing the interview I was told they would get back to me if they were interested and I received a call a couple weeks after offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe Gap's style and what age category does it cater to?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Woodbury, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took about a week to get a reply. The interview process was very easy and very laid back. I was nervous, however, the interview was very nice and made me feel welcome in what can be a stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GAP?
      What is your experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week or two later. I came in for a group interview while the store was closed and one other person showed up. It was a pretty standard retail interview. They wanted to know things like how you work with other people and that you won't steal merchandise. They contacted me about an hour later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work through a difficult situation with a colleague and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Bellevue, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

Very chill and comfortable. No stress, and they seem to care who you truly are. The whole motto is "come as you are". Once seeing your application online, they will call you by phone/email you to see when you'd be available to come in for your first interview. I went through two stages of interviews before getting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you had to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was scheduled 3 days after i did the application i was really nervous but she didnt really ask much just the basic questions it was pretty laid back and chill we talked like friends (:

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was in a group interview of five other people. One by one we walked the store and went over scenarios. I was called two days later with a position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Similar to most (?) jobs of this level, at larger corporations, they'll interview you in groups. I wore all GAP to the interview, which wasn't that difficult since I already frequented the place, and that seemed to make them happy. After answering a few standard questions, we were asked to see what times we were available at.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Monday morning and got a call that afternoon asking if I could attend an interview on Friday. I walked in about 5 minutes early. She only asked me a few questions, then asked me to put together an outfit for her to wear on a date. I picked out two outfits one for a fancy date, and one for a more casual date. Then she asked me to sell it to her. Afterwards she she took me into the back and told me more details about the job. Then she said would love to have me, but she just had to wait for my background check to come back. A few days later she called me telling me I had the job! I accepted, and am excited to start!

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Woodcliff Lake, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief, after filling out various questionnaires online, you were asked to come into the store to be interviewed by a store manager about different scenario and behavioral questions. There was no pressure during the interview and the manger was incredibly friendly and up front about the tasks at hand during your everyday shifts at the store.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

My gap is located a few blocks away from the school that I attended a few years ago. During my last year in high school I walked in and asked them if they were hiring to which they responded that they were, and they told me to fill out an application online. I filled out the application, and they never really got back to me so I started to go in one or twice a week and remind them that I'm still looking for the position. Eventually (after a couple of months) I got an interview and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked all of the basic questions. Honestly, there was nothing they asked that was out of the ordinary or unique to them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.