Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

1.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The process was very quick and casual. It probably took about 20-25 minutes total. They asked pretty basic questions, like previous job experience, why you want to work in retail, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you had really good customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview process was swift and to the point. It was very relaxed and professional. You do not feel pressured by the questions they ask at all, they just want to get to know you and see if you will be a team player

Interview Questions

• They do ask about your knowledge of the company as well as what your favorite item from the company is   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Wichita, KS) in June 2019.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was like a casual conversation between the manager and the people being interviewed. The interview questions were fairly easy, typically retail work questions. The manager was friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Saratoga Springs, NY).

Interview

Group interview with two other candidates. Relatively easy the general manager asked pretty basic personality questions. The interview lasted about an hour- hour and a half. She hired two out of three of the people interviewed. As long as you show maturity and professionalism you should be okay!

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were stressed out? How did you handle it?

What would you do if you had a difficult manager?

What would you do if you caught a coworker stealing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Grand Prairie, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

easy going, knew what they wanted from an employee, asked questions, not too hard or difficult, great manager for the interview. ask to do back ground checks and for time available to work. can start soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• what hours can you provide, what can you bring to the company for working here   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straightforward. I applied online and within a couple days I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. After completing the interview I was told they would get back to me if they were interested and I received a call a couple weeks after offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe Gap's style and what age category does it cater to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Bellevue, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

Very chill and comfortable. No stress, and they seem to care who you truly are. The whole motto is "come as you are". Once seeing your application online, they will call you by phone/email you to see when you'd be available to come in for your first interview. I went through two stages of interviews before getting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you had to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days. It was a group interview setting with about 6 people answering the same question asked by the store manager. I saw another set of people interviewing a few weeks after I started who were asked to put together an outfit as part of their experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a position where you were signing customers up for rewards programs and how would you go about promoting this program?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week or two later. I came in for a group interview while the store was closed and one other person showed up. It was a pretty standard retail interview. They wanted to know things like how you work with other people and that you won't steal merchandise. They contacted me about an hour later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work through a difficult situation with a colleague and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the general manager at the time. They asked questions regarding your personality and experience in the retail industry. The interview ended with me picking out an outfit and trying to sell it to the manager. It was easy and fun at the same time.