Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.0

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was scheduled 3 days after i did the application i was really nervous but she didnt really ask much just the basic questions it was pretty laid back and chill we talked like friends (:

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was in a group interview of five other people. One by one we walked the store and went over scenarios. I was called two days later with a position

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Monday morning and got a call that afternoon asking if I could attend an interview on Friday. I walked in about 5 minutes early. She only asked me a few questions, then asked me to put together an outfit for her to wear on a date. I picked out two outfits one for a fancy date, and one for a more casual date. Then she asked me to sell it to her. Afterwards she she took me into the back and told me more details about the job. Then she said would love to have me, but she just had to wait for my background check to come back. A few days later she called me telling me I had the job! I accepted, and am excited to start!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very easy interview in a group setting with simple questions about team building and like questions. They basically want to know if you would work well with other team members. They also ask about certain clothing items and what they are in the online portion of the interview. It is really easy and it was my first job and I didn't need any retail experience. They trained okay but the training could be enhanced on the register and how to fold clothes etc.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Really nice interview. Very thorough and positive experience. Great location and sales staff. Filled out application online. Called in for interview with store manager. Asked a series of questions. Pretty simple process.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Are you available on weekends and evenings?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I had 3 interviews which seemed a little excessive for a regular sales associate position. The interview was pretty standard questions about what you knew about the company and your style.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied to GAP GLENDALE GALLERIA through online application. Got called 3 weeks later for a group interview. I got there earlier than I was supposed to and gained a one-on-one interview for being early. The manager that interviewed me was really laid back and easy to talk to, wasn't like a regular interview. After the manager told me to call back 3 days later if I didn't here from him because he was willing to offer me a job but needed to talk to the other manager first in order to approve. I called back in 3 days and was told I'd need to go to a second interview. Later that day the other manager called and asked if I was willing to join and when there would be orientation.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had? Only cashier job at a dry cleaners. And have had leadership experience in student government   1 Answer
    • A difficult situation with a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only offered $10

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I turned in a paper application in person. I was asked to interview right then, and I was hired on the spot. Most of the questions were related to my past experience in retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interview with myself and 3 other people, not to be crude but I truly felt as though I was the best candidate for the position out of the group. The interviewer was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in me in particular but also in this other girl, who it seemed like she might have known her personally, or could see herself getting along with her as a friend. (i'm assuming that girl was the one chosen). She had tattoo's, cleavage popping out, and very poor grammar, and you could tell she had an attitude. She also hardly smiled, I told her she should smile and her response was "im not even worried, i know i got this job". Hence why I think she knew the interviewer . As you can tell, i REALLY wanted this job, and was really bummed, lol. Anyway, interviewer asked questions about what we would do in this/that situation, our personalities, our best qualities, and then we did a scenario where we put together an outfit in 5 minutes and explained why we picked it. So there you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in May 2015. I was contacted by the GM of my store two weeks later. I went into the store a few days later for my first interview which was a panel interview. They make it more of a conversation than an interview, and it's very casual. A week later I got a call for a second interview 1:1 and I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does the company motto mean to you?   1 Answer