Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Similar to most (?) jobs of this level, at larger corporations, they'll interview you in groups. I wore all GAP to the interview, which wasn't that difficult since I already frequented the place, and that seemed to make them happy. After answering a few standard questions, we were asked to see what times we were available at.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

My gap is located a few blocks away from the school that I attended a few years ago. During my last year in high school I walked in and asked them if they were hiring to which they responded that they were, and they told me to fill out an application online. I filled out the application, and they never really got back to me so I started to go in one or twice a week and remind them that I'm still looking for the position. Eventually (after a couple of months) I got an interview and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked all of the basic questions. Honestly, there was nothing they asked that was out of the ordinary or unique to them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Woodcliff Lake, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief, after filling out various questionnaires online, you were asked to come into the store to be interviewed by a store manager about different scenario and behavioral questions. There was no pressure during the interview and the manger was incredibly friendly and up front about the tasks at hand during your everyday shifts at the store.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Monday morning and got a call that afternoon asking if I could attend an interview on Friday. I walked in about 5 minutes early. She only asked me a few questions, then asked me to put together an outfit for her to wear on a date. I picked out two outfits one for a fancy date, and one for a more casual date. Then she asked me to sell it to her. Afterwards she she took me into the back and told me more details about the job. Then she said would love to have me, but she just had to wait for my background check to come back. A few days later she called me telling me I had the job! I accepted, and am excited to start!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Played phone tag with management for a bit, but eventually sat down for in-person interview following online assessment. The manager forgot to call me when she said she would and seemed a bit annoyed that she hadn't heard from me, but I had followed up. In-person, it was fine and I was quickly hired.

Interview Questions

• The online screening test asks about decision making in a workplace, specifically a retail environment. Interviewer asked about previous work experience, customer service priorities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and applied online based on a referrral from a friend. Met with the hiring manager to discuss hours, salary and responsibilites. She was very informative and helpful with questions re: benefits and advancement within the company.

Interview Questions

• What type of retail experience do you have? Do you enjoy working with customers and what hours are you avaiable.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Opened new store. Group interview. Basic behaviour questions.
    There were about 5 people per interview group. The interview was roughly 20 minutes long, depending on the time other people took to answer their questions.
    Every one of the managers were generally nice. All had retail management experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Really nice interview. Very thorough and positive experience. Great location and sales staff. Filled out application online. Called in for interview with store manager. Asked a series of questions. Pretty simple process.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Are you available on weekends and evenings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed with the hiring manager at the store location. The manager asked a series of questions and made me feel extremely comfortable. Most of the questions were just basic ones that are pretty typical of any job, strengths, weaknesses, customer service skills, etc. Asked some more out of the box questions, like what is your favorite color and why?

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Oak Park, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, 2 days later recieved a call to set up interview the next day. At interview spoke with hiring manager, asked normal interview questions, then asked for me to pick clothes/accessories to create an outfit which was unexpected. Asked me if I was okay with what the salary and hours. Started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gap?

Can you put together an outfit right now from items in the store, then explain why you chose the pieces you did?   1 Answer