Gap Rotational Management Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Rotational Management Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (UC Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I was recruited at my school's Carrer Fair, Recruitment at University
2. Submission of Resume, I submitted my resume to them by hand but also brout it to my first interview
3. 1st Interview (Behavioral), at school's career center, asked for my experience and scenario questions.
4. GAP Project (Create a new brand and provide financial and marketing strategies) you have a week to complete it and present it over skype

Interview Questions

• Why GAP? Describe a situation in which you were in charge? Scenarios questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Seemed pretty intensive, I met the recruiter at a campus career fair and was asked back the next day for an interview. Mostly asked behavioral questions. The woman I interviewed with was very interested and engaged in our conversation. I was told I would have to complete an online test and if I passed I would get a marketing case to present via phone call interview, and if I passed that I would be flown on site. I did not get another interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had extra inventory of a coat that has a history of good sales, how would you decide where to distribute the extra coats?   Answer Question

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in August 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume online, took math test/personality test, the phone interview for 30 minutes.

The interviewer was an alumni of the program who works at GAP and runs a fashion/travel blog. She was late for the phone interview but didn’t apologize or mention it. She asked basic behavioral questions and a business case question. She said she’d get back to me in a week.

A week passed and she sent an email saying I made it to the next round. Then she sent another email that was hastily written, she didn’t even take the time to write my name! That second email said to disregard the previous email stating that I had advanced to the next round. It was a mistake. No apologies from her or any sign of concern or remorse for her mistake.

The recruiter was extremely unprofessional and tardy. I’ve washed my hands of GAP and will never apply again because of their lack of concern for applicants time and their careless behavior.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Went to information session, applied through website, was contacted to complete an online questionnaire with basic retail math and qualitative questions, moved on to next round interview, which was a 30 minute phone screen with basic behavioral questions. Recruiter was extremely rude, interrupted me while I was answering questions, rushing me and giving off the impression that she was distracted and not paying attention. Worst experience with a recruiter I've had and really left a bad impression on the company.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap in October 2016.

Interview

1st round behavioral inteview. Than case project and final round interview. Final round which I was not offered is in San Francisco. They are very transparent throughout the whole process. They seem to be looking for business majors and people who have experience working spreadsheets and in the industry. My biggest advice is to study up for the project and create financial sheets.

Interview Questions

• Why gap inc?
      How do you plan to take your project to market?   Answer Question
    • Explain when and how you would market a new jacket model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I met GAP at the career fair, then later that night attended an info session about the Rotational Management Program. They filled the in-person interview slots based on a first come first serve response using a google doc, so I had to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was straightforward, but not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral and some situational. "If we came out with a new technology, how would you market it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, after taking personality and numerical tests online, after submitting online application.

First, I applied online.

The next day I got an email inviting me to take online tests.

The personality test gives you three phrases (for example, I am competitive, I think people are trustworthy, I think about the future). You have to choose which phrase is MOST like you, and which phrase is LEAST like you (and you leave one phrase without an answer). There are 100 of these (actually, they label it as 50, but on each page, they give you two sets of threes [if that makes sense]).

The numerical test gives you graphs and numbers and asks you questions that you generally have to calculate. There are I think 18 questions in 17 minutes.

After taking those, the next day I got an email inviting me to schedule the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the Rotational Management Program?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working for Gap?   1 Answer
    • I see you here that you indicated you were specifically interested in product management [out of three options when I applied online]. Why?   1 Answer
    • Not all of us are successful all the time. Tell us about a time you failed or didn't perform well.   1 Answer
    • How have you sought to improve yourself over the past year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First, apply through both the college career site and company official website. Next, online test including quantitative and personality test. After the test, you will receive the notice whether you go into the next round. Then, the phone interview. It lasts around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interested in this program?   Answer Question
    • How do you learn about this program?   Answer Question
    • Tell me one thing that you have different opinions with your boss and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to info session with an on campus recruiter, dropped my resume, and got an email the next day (as did other info session attendees) with an invitation to interview. The first round interview was behavioral with two mini case questions.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

You apply online, they then send you a 45 min online exam. If successful, will conduct a phone screening. I don't think they take your qualifications into consideration. I was surprised when they rejected me 2 times after the phone interview. I hold a master's degree in fashion, also have extensive experience. I feel they hire internally and the interview process is merely a tasl that needs to be completed by them.