Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

It was based on "Tell me about yourself". "Sell your outfit to me if I were a customer" (Gotta have confidence) ... Laid back took about 2-3 weeks and the store management seems like she has a couple of drinks before her shift which is very inappropriate and not supersizing. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume before the day of the interview and dress appropriate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why gap? Sell your outfit to me.. Whats your availability like?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dress gap like, their based on jeans but make sure you layer and know how to sell the outfit your wearing or their gonna eat you out your clam shell like no job is around the corner for you boo boo. :\

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

its okay it was easy and many were kind and the managers but since it was a new store opening they just needed anyone to take the job. it was okay to me

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet. Pretty much handed them my resume, the manager came out and talked to me for a few minutes, and they told me to come to orientation next week

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions, just asked about availability   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from the hiring manager a few weeks later and was called in to do an interview. That interview went great so had a follow up with the GM and got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in January 2016.

Interview

A group interview with around 10 candidates. The managers asked questions and everyone yelled out answers; it was very disorganized with certain people making a point to try to talk over everyone else. Entire session lasted about an hour. The interviewer waited until the very end to mention that the position was only for 5-10 hours per week and that scheduled hours were based on credit solicitation. The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth Dress code is definitely business casual; think sweaters, button downs, dress pants, nice flats or casual heels for women and slacks, polos, or sweaters for men. Channeling the Gap aesthetic will win you brownie points.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Was asked more questions than I expected! Interview was fairly easy if you have experience to back up your answers. Pretty informal interview process, not what I'm used to. Overall good interview.

Interview Questions

Took a different job at higher pay rate

Anonymous Employee in Swampscott, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Swampscott, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Completed online application which consisted of basic employment history, etc. and then behavioral questions where you had to answer questions about certain situations that could arise in the store. Time consuming but pretty easy. Some questions were tricky but just require more time to think about. Then went into the store for an in-person interview. Really late notice- interview was the next morning. Interview was very very easy, barely any questions- mainly just about availability.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. Not a lot of difficult questions. I don't really have much else to say about it. As long as you have brushed up on the typical interview questions, you should do just fine. Just go in confident and ready to sell yourself. Also, looking good and presentable is definitely important and wearing their clothes definitely won't hurt.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Easy and fast process, interview was not difficult. I applied online and set up an interview shortly after. I applied for seasonal help but ended up receiving a job offer to stay after the holiday season. Training after being hired was tedious.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was pretty standard - sit down with a manager and talk about your previous experience and what you're doing now. All in all, didn't need any experience to get hired.