Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.1

653 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. It was a one on one interview with one of the hiring managers, I thought it was gonna be a group interview. I applied online and got a call back few weeks later to come in for an interview. After the interview she told me that I would definitely be hearing from her but weeks went by and I think a month later I got a call to come in for orientation. I thought it was a little weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    Five words to describe yourself?
    What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the managers, but beforehand, I was told to write down my availability. I was then asked a few questions, but she didn't drill me at all. It was honestly quite comfortable, and we shared our own nightmarish incidents with stores we had worked for prior to Gap. The store was pretty busy due to holiday returns, but the other manager had joined in on the interview, but honestly, we just shared simple conversation about customer service.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what does customer service mean?   1 Answer
    • Why choose Gap?   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to up-sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Hillsboro, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed at the same time as another candidate, which made the experience a little strange. I was 16 at the time and this was my first interview for a retail store. The interview included questions with terminology that I didn't understand yet, which made it challenging.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that are relevant to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Belfast, ME) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was in person quickly after submitting a resume. The interviewer was friendly and asked relative questions about my experience and skills. The interview was more of a conversation - it was clear what they were looking for in the position!

Interview Questions

• How do you multi-task when several things need to be done at once?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Basic small group interview. Got called for an interview 2 days after applying. Straight forward quick interview, if you have previous retail experience it is much easier to get hired. If it is closer to holiday times, a very high chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• My availability and how I would be tasked with selling credit cards   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Oceanside, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call to schedule an interview, then met with manager for 10 min at scheduled time and answered a few questions such as why I wanted to work there and what hours I would be available to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasts about 15mins top and it was a group interview process. The managers are very friendly and outgoing, and they are looking for exactly the same. Group interviews are always tricky because you never know exactly what you are missing or what is needed to stand out. After its over you'll either get a email or call back if they want you, and if not you usual get a email back that same day. Stating that they have moved forward and to applied for other positions and different locations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with 5 other hopefuls. The manager of the store was the interviewer and we answered questions by going down the line. Very standard questions were asked, like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for Gap. The interviewer also asked some fun questions, like what animal are you most similar to.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Another interviewee and I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, because the manager had to handle a difficult customer. Once the situation was handled, she apologized and brought us into the back to begin the interview. It was awkward having to get interviewed with another peer, but the environment was very relaxed. She told us that she is really into personalities and getting to know the people she's employing, so she asked us to describe ourselves. All three of us were just having a conversation rather than a formal interview, which was different than my other interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would a good day at work consist of?
      Why did you apply to Gap?
      What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online and within 2 business days they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with 4 other people. Everyone was asked 3 to 4 questions and it was probably a total of 30 minutes! It was quick and easy. Three days after the interview I got a call to set up an orientation time! If you need a job and it's your first time a seasonal position at Gap is the way to go.