Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.1

615 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was very formal and she just asked basic interview questions about the position and why I want to work with GAP specifically. I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted. Just really know the GAP company as a whole, ( Old Navy, Banana Republic.)

Interview Questions

• Why GAP?
    Can you work in a fast paced environment?
    Why do you like retail/customer service?
    Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, & got a call the next day for an interview. Went in, & 1st manager interviewed me & just talked like friends. 2nd manager interviewed me & asked me about personal life. Got offered the job on the spot. Really easy.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple, and professional. Manager was very nice and clear about the specific tasks I would be performing. Hired on site. Dress Professionally and bring a resume. Also be prepared to wait awhile before you start working, which is normal in retail and fine for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Was called to schedule a face to face interview. From there, brought to back room of store and had interview (about 20 minutes). Basic interview questions, fairly average experience. (P.S this was at GAP Kids).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

small group interviews, just be honest and outgoing. Focus on being positive and how you do with interpersonal interaction. This is a very customer centered workplace, show you can handle that.

Interview Questions

• They had me style an outfit   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Met the general manager the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She got to know me and asked me questions to figure out what type of retail experience and previous experience from past jobs. as well as do i see myself in retail for a longtime

Interview Questions

• Have you had any retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Noblesville, IN).

Interview

Asked how we work in teams and fashion advice. Most of the questions surrounded how we would solve problems and get customers to purchase more items through different sales techniques

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called the same day I applied online. The interview was with a nice hiring manager that asked me simple questions like tell me about yourself, who do you look up to for fashion, and other questions getting to know me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Super laid back. They asked standard questions. The interview was actually in a group setting and only took about fifteen minutes or so. They take some time to get back to you after the interview though

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about interviewing in person. It was a group interview with me and two other people. I like that format because the interview lasts longer and you really get a chance to market yourself compared to the other applicants. I got the call I received the job about two hours after I had the interview.