Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.1

647 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Basic small group interview. Got called for an interview 2 days after applying. Straight forward quick interview, if you have previous retail experience it is much easier to get hired. If it is closer to holiday times, a very high chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• My availability and how I would be tasked with selling credit cards   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Oceanside, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call to schedule an interview, then met with manager for 10 min at scheduled time and answered a few questions such as why I wanted to work there and what hours I would be available to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasts about 15mins top and it was a group interview process. The managers are very friendly and outgoing, and they are looking for exactly the same. Group interviews are always tricky because you never know exactly what you are missing or what is needed to stand out. After its over you'll either get a email or call back if they want you, and if not you usual get a email back that same day. Stating that they have moved forward and to applied for other positions and different locations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with 5 other hopefuls. The manager of the store was the interviewer and we answered questions by going down the line. Very standard questions were asked, like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for Gap. The interviewer also asked some fun questions, like what animal are you most similar to.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Another interviewee and I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, because the manager had to handle a difficult customer. Once the situation was handled, she apologized and brought us into the back to begin the interview. It was awkward having to get interviewed with another peer, but the environment was very relaxed. She told us that she is really into personalities and getting to know the people she's employing, so she asked us to describe ourselves. All three of us were just having a conversation rather than a formal interview, which was different than my other interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would a good day at work consist of?
      Why did you apply to Gap?
      What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online and within 2 business days they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with 4 other people. Everyone was asked 3 to 4 questions and it was probably a total of 30 minutes! It was quick and easy. Three days after the interview I got a call to set up an orientation time! If you need a job and it's your first time a seasonal position at Gap is the way to go.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, took a survey and received a phone call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week. The interview was in a common place in the mall and was pretty casual. She would ask a question and we would go around in a circle giving our answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell Gap credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. At first the manager asked us each to talk about ourselves. Then she asked basic questions like "when was the last time YOU had great costumer service" and asked for us to say an answer if we had one..no specific order

Interview Questions

• When are you available since you are starting school soon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back to schedule an interview with one of the managers. There's 2 other people waiting to be interviewed so we ended up having a group interview instead.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite item to wear and why?   Answer Question
    • If I called your previous manager, what would he/she will say about you?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a good customer service for you?   1 Answer
    • Name me a time where you experienced a good customer service. What made it good?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was very formal and she just asked basic interview questions about the position and why I want to work with GAP specifically. I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted. Just really know the GAP company as a whole, ( Old Navy, Banana Republic.)

Interview Questions

• Why GAP?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?
      Why do you like retail/customer service?
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question