Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.1

625 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Another interviewee and I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, because the manager had to handle a difficult customer. Once the situation was handled, she apologized and brought us into the back to begin the interview. It was awkward having to get interviewed with another peer, but the environment was very relaxed. She told us that she is really into personalities and getting to know the people she's employing, so she asked us to describe ourselves. All three of us were just having a conversation rather than a formal interview, which was different than my other interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would a good day at work consist of?
    Why did you apply to Gap?
    What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online and within 2 business days they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with 4 other people. Everyone was asked 3 to 4 questions and it was probably a total of 30 minutes! It was quick and easy. Three days after the interview I got a call to set up an orientation time! If you need a job and it's your first time a seasonal position at Gap is the way to go.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, took a survey and received a phone call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week. The interview was in a common place in the mall and was pretty casual. She would ask a question and we would go around in a circle giving our answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell Gap credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. At first the manager asked us each to talk about ourselves. Then she asked basic questions like "when was the last time YOU had great costumer service" and asked for us to say an answer if we had one..no specific order

Interview Questions

• When are you available since you are starting school soon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back to schedule an interview with one of the managers. There's 2 other people waiting to be interviewed so we ended up having a group interview instead.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was very formal and she just asked basic interview questions about the position and why I want to work with GAP specifically. I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted. Just really know the GAP company as a whole, ( Old Navy, Banana Republic.)

Interview Questions

• Why GAP?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?
      Why do you like retail/customer service?
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, & got a call the next day for an interview. Went in, & 1st manager interviewed me & just talked like friends. 2nd manager interviewed me & asked me about personal life. Got offered the job on the spot. Really easy.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Augusta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. It was not a group interview, it was one on one in the office at Gap. I was asked some basic questions about myself and my past work experience. I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Gap   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple, and professional. Manager was very nice and clear about the specific tasks I would be performing. Hired on site. Dress Professionally and bring a resume. Also be prepared to wait awhile before you start working, which is normal in retail and fine for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Was called to schedule a face to face interview. From there, brought to back room of store and had interview (about 20 minutes). Basic interview questions, fairly average experience. (P.S this was at GAP Kids).