Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager took me back to a office, she told me about herself, then I did the same. She then asked me the interview questions. After all the questions were complete she had me pick out a outfit and then sell it to her.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was basic, asked basic behaviorial questions. The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming, and the interview was very conversational. It was a one step process. Also, the management was very friendly and nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from one of the managers to come in for a group interview. The interview itself was super easy and chill. 2 people didnt show up so it ended up just being me and one other guy. If you had any previous retail experience you pretty much got the job unless you were really rude during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions like Tell us about yourself? How do you deal with an angry/rude customer? Your past experiences with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, where I took an assessment. It took about a month for someone to call to schedule an interview. Went in the store the next day for a group interview with 4 other applicants. She asked a few questions and then asked us to put together an outfit. Got a call the next day with a job offer!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Brought in for group interviews had to look them and ask how it went not sure if it was because of busy season or because lots of sales. Moved from floor to stock and was shown all of the tasks for the day. Helped slot to be part of the team

Interview Questions

• Favorite article of clothing is what   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Aurora, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the midst of about 50 other applications, not really expecting to hear back. I'm not sure how long it was until they called back, maybe a week or two. Scheduled an interview the next day. The interview was so easy. She asked about me, if I had ever worked retail and why I wanted to work there, and how to sell. After that she asked me about a mentor I looked up to and I mentioned one that was friendly and fun but always business and how we felt relaxed under him and were actually able to get so much more done under him because he was personable. She said that she tries to be like that, a mix of business and fun but that everyone is intimidated by her just because she's the GM. Then she just told me a bunch about the store and how she likes to run it. The whole thing felt relaxed and conversational, not at all formal and stressful like some interviews. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews: one on one and Group Interview
    At some point during the interview you may be instructed to create outfits. The outfits will be judged.
    Make sure you have a good availability to start off with. There wouldn't be job openings if they didn't have spaces to fill.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to diffuse an escalated situation with a costumer   1 Answer