Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Met the general manager the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She got to know me and asked me questions to figure out what type of retail experience and previous experience from past jobs. as well as do i see myself in retail for a longtime

Interview Questions

• Have you had any retail experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Noblesville, IN).

Interview

Asked how we work in teams and fashion advice. Most of the questions surrounded how we would solve problems and get customers to purchase more items through different sales techniques

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called the same day I applied online. The interview was with a nice hiring manager that asked me simple questions like tell me about yourself, who do you look up to for fashion, and other questions getting to know me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Super laid back. They asked standard questions. The interview was actually in a group setting and only took about fifteen minutes or so. They take some time to get back to you after the interview though

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Group interview process. I believe there were about 6 other people, and the store manager asked each of us various scenario type questions. Overall it was very simple, she was encouraging and wasn't out to get us, she brought us in because she liked us!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about interviewing in person. It was a group interview with me and two other people. I like that format because the interview lasts longer and you really get a chance to market yourself compared to the other applicants. I got the call I received the job about two hours after I had the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.