Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.1

615 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job at Times Square and received a call to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and the lady told me my time scheduled was 5:15 but I was told to come in at 5:30 which really sucks. She told me that she would contact me again to reschedule an interview because now she has to be on the floor. Total waste of my time. I love shopping here and I know that I would've probably loved working here. Too bad things didn't go as I hoped. I have another interview for Sabon and American Eagle coming up... Hopefully those interviews will go well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by phone a day later to schedule an interview. Was initially a group interview but the other applicant did not show up. The interview questions themselves were not hard but the interviewer really tried to dig for deeper answers. If I was a sponge, pretty much all the water physically possible was squeezed out of me. The interviewer also asked for my age too which I am pretty sure is illegal. It seems like the difficulty of the interview varies based on location.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I got a call about a month after applying to a job ad they posted, and had a group interview with about ten other people. They never warned us it would be a group process and I think that threw a few people off. We answered each question counter clockwise so the people who happened to sit at one end definitely got the short end of the stick as they had to quickly think up answers that sounded similar to what had already been said. In the end they told us they had over 200 applicants so it would take a week to hear back, and I got an email saying I was no longer in the running a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received great customer experience from someone   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (York, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. We all had to pick an item of clothing and tell the interviewer why we had chosen it. Then we had to work on the shop floor for 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for Gap Kids. I showed up to the interview ten minutes early and they asked me to leave and come back in ten minutes so I did. The interview was the basic questions such as your biggest weakness or how you would deal with a difficult customer, but one question the interviewer and I disagreed on and I felt like the interview was very rude. She asked what I would do if I saw someone stealing from the store, I answered that I would called security since I have no retail experience and that is what friends in retail have told me they do. The interviewer then seemed incredulous that I would just let them leave. This in hind sight is why I didn't get the job, she was giving me a question that set me up to fail.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was stealing.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Came early so had to walk around for about 20 mins, which was very tedious. Was asked basic interview questions for about 10 mins, them they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and so was let out on the floor for about 30 mins, this was kind of difficult as I didn't know much about the different things they sold. Was told if A customer needed any help and I didnt know how to answer then I should ask her (the interviewer) or another employee, however when I did they looked annoyed that I had asked for help and almost reluctant to ask the back of house employees for the requests of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in October 2013.

Interview

Group interview followed by 1 on 1. Interviewed by manager for the department applied for. Basic questions about retail experience, customer service skills and why you want to work for the company

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Wichita, KS) in August 2010.

Interview

You can apply in person or on the internet. The interview process is usually in a group and the expected outlook is to be customer-oriented, and have an appreciation for the clothing/retail industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable, but usually you will be given base pay at $9.50/hr