Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in the following week. It was a group interview and everyone present their got the job on the spot. The manager hired everyone and gave everyone a schedule for the following week. But most individuals were only hired on a temporary basis.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December but didn't get a call until February. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was easy and felt more like a conversation so it went very smoothly. Other candidates were also being interviewed that day and the following day also. I received a call the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here? / What attracted you to Gap?   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal work culture.   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the word feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was brought to the new store in san francisco, group interview. Very easy, heard back in a couple of weeks. They were very responsive via email. Three rounds of interviews, and was notified through phone call that I got the position.

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Denville, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear anything for a couple of months. I had forgotten I'd even applied, but was still looking to make some extra money when I received a voicemail asking if I was still interested in the position. I called back and scheduled an interview for the following week. The interview questions were straightforward - e.g. what are your strengths and weaknesses? where do you look for fashion inspiration?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in August 2016.

Interview

Asks questions about your resume, your interest in Gap, your experience and aspirations, and asks to pick out an outfit. May be of the opposite gender, so be prepared. The outfit is based on a situation that the interviewer will give you.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for a 28 yr old Girl who is going to an interview then meeting with her friends at a cocktail party afterwards   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Handed a CV into my local store and was rung at a later date to arrange an interview at the store. I later found out it is common practice for the non-flagship Gap stores to keep hold of all CVs they receive, and refer to them when they need to recruit new staff.

Interview Questions

• Quite generic interview questions asking about situations where you've solved a problem, helped someone out etc. You will often be given a scenario for a customer and asked to come up with suggestions for an outfit within a set time limit, or spend some time working with another member of staff. It is good to go in with a little knowledge about the story behind the company too, managers appreciate this extra research even if just for a basic role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager took me back to a office, she told me about herself, then I did the same. She then asked me the interview questions. After all the questions were complete she had me pick out a outfit and then sell it to her.