Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Was called to schedule a face to face interview. From there, brought to back room of store and had interview (about 20 minutes). Basic interview questions, fairly average experience. (P.S this was at GAP Kids).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later got an email to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by one of the managers. After the interview, two hours later I was called saying I got the job!.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What would you do if one of your co-workers didn't agree with what you said?
      What would you do if you didn't agree with a companies policy?
      Why did you apply for this job?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

They asked me a wide range of questions they were mainly to do with any experience I have had in the past. The interview was pretty formal however it was nothing to intense.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with the manager we had a group interview. Manager asked normal interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. How do we describe the Gap's fashion/look? One weakness & one strength. Previous work experience: what we liked and disliked about it. What do you think you can gain from working at the Gap?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in April 2017.

Interview

Given scenarios to choose the right outfit choice. Talked a little about ourselves, and why we decided to apply to Gap. Talked about Gap's overall motto, and what the expectations for the company are. We discussed what interests us in fashion, and how our lives led us to gravitate to it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Gap? What are the qualities of a good sales associate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

small group interviews, just be honest and outgoing. Focus on being positive and how you do with interpersonal interaction. This is a very customer centered workplace, show you can handle that.

Interview Questions

• They had me style an outfit   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went in to hand In CV at the Gap store, Manager was very nice but was unable to take my CV and told me to apply online and that she would look out for my name. Applied online that day for the particular store. A week later and got a call on the train from someone at the store, phone kept losing signal so had to call back later on, they were understanding. A few questions were asked and was invited for an interview for the following day. Interview for me took place on shop the floor apperantly they were looking for someone who had been shoplifting so they had to keep their eyes peeled. Got offered the job a few days later day via email. All in all a nice easy experience , would of preferred to be interviewed in the office as customers would sometimes approach.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you
      How would you go above and beyond the call of duty
      Why Gap?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online
    then the manager asked me to the in-person interview, it was a one-on-one interview, the whole process was relaxed and easy, just asked some basic questions, it took about 15-20 minutes, I got the offer after 1 week

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

My interviewer was very nice and friendly. It was a short interview and she asked about myself as a person, where I went to school, and why I was interested in working at The Gap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Paramus, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process went okay. I applied online and over a month later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I came in early and heard the manager complain about how I was too early through the walkie (I was 10 minutes early). We left the store and sat outside on some chairs (it was a mall). It was a group interview. It was meant to be four girls but one of the girls didn't show. We were only asked three questions and the rest of the interview was the manager talking about what are responsibilities would be, or about her own experiences, It lasted an entire hour! It was mostly just her talking. It was a tad unprofessional. I'm positive I answered all the questions absolutely professionally, and apart from that, I was as upbeat as I possibly could be. Throughout the interview though, I noticed that the manager interviewing me was not giving me any sort of eye contact. She only gave eye contact to the other two girls being interviewed. I thought perhaps my outfit did not grab her attention (I was wearing a gap floral shirt, dress pants, and flats) or maybe I just rubbed her the wrong way, it was very upsetting, and I felt very uncomfortable because of it. After the interview she said she'd get back to us a week later. I was never given a phone call or even an email saying whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap? How did you deal with a bad customer experience in the past? What's your availability?   Answer Question