Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was a group interview with three other people. The manager asked us each the same questions. It was pretty casual. I gave them a call the next week to check on the status of my application and they called me back the same day with an offer, which I accepted. It takes awhile for you to start because they do schedules three weeks in advance so after all your orientation stuff is over you won't start right away.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasts about 15mins top and it was a group interview process. The managers are very friendly and outgoing, and they are looking for exactly the same. Group interviews are always tricky because you never know exactly what you are missing or what is needed to stand out. After its over you'll either get a email or call back if they want you, and if not you usual get a email back that same day. Stating that they have moved forward and to applied for other positions and different locations.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It turned out to be a group interview, a total of 4 of us and the hiring manager. She asked us basic personality questions, our hobbies, basic customer service skills. The last part of the interview process was going out into the store, picking out an outfit, and explaining the manager how we would sell the outfit. Overall an easy interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with 5 other hopefuls. The manager of the store was the interviewer and we answered questions by going down the line. Very standard questions were asked, like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for Gap. The interviewer also asked some fun questions, like what animal are you most similar to.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly casual, just typical interview questions like why do you want to work there and what makes you a good fit for the role. Interviewer also had me walk around the store and talk about things that I saw that could be improved.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and to the point. It was a group interview so everybody had a chance to share however, regardless of the amount of people the interviewer made sure to move things along quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an individual interview but they often do group interviews. Usually take place partially in office and partially in store. Emphasis on personal style, professional presentation, ability to adapt to demands and sell new product on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Pick out a 3-4 piece outfit and describe why you picked what you picked and how you would sell It to a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. They asked your typical interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses. They also may ask you to pair an outfit for a mock customer. I interviewed for Baby Gap so I was asked to wander the store and do a full outfit from accessories to shoes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy, they recruited me in the store, so the actual interview was pretty basic and easy to answer questions. The people at the store were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience going to fashion school and how it relates to retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Basic small group interview. Got called for an interview 2 days after applying. Straight forward quick interview, if you have previous retail experience it is much easier to get hired. If it is closer to holiday times, a very high chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• My availability and how I would be tasked with selling credit cards   Answer Question