Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

622 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December but didn't get a call until February. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was easy and felt more like a conversation so it went very smoothly. Other candidates were also being interviewed that day and the following day also. I received a call the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here? / What attracted you to Gap?   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal work culture.   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the word feedback?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager took me back to a office, she told me about herself, then I did the same. She then asked me the interview questions. After all the questions were complete she had me pick out a outfit and then sell it to her.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was basic, asked basic behaviorial questions. The interviewers were very friendly and welcoming, and the interview was very conversational. It was a one step process. Also, the management was very friendly and nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from one of the managers to come in for a group interview. The interview itself was super easy and chill. 2 people didnt show up so it ended up just being me and one other guy. If you had any previous retail experience you pretty much got the job unless you were really rude during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions like Tell us about yourself? How do you deal with an angry/rude customer? Your past experiences with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, where I took an assessment. It took about a month for someone to call to schedule an interview. Went in the store the next day for a group interview with 4 other applicants. She asked a few questions and then asked us to put together an outfit. Got a call the next day with a job offer!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

After they looked at my resume, they called me in for an interview. I then came into the store and interviewed with a manager. After the interview they ran a background check and once that was completed I began the next week with training before they got me on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Brought in for group interviews had to look them and ask how it went not sure if it was because of busy season or because lots of sales. Moved from floor to stock and was shown all of the tasks for the day. Helped slot to be part of the team

Interview Questions

• Favorite article of clothing is what   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Aurora, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the midst of about 50 other applications, not really expecting to hear back. I'm not sure how long it was until they called back, maybe a week or two. Scheduled an interview the next day. The interview was so easy. She asked about me, if I had ever worked retail and why I wanted to work there, and how to sell. After that she asked me about a mentor I looked up to and I mentioned one that was friendly and fun but always business and how we felt relaxed under him and were actually able to get so much more done under him because he was personable. She said that she tries to be like that, a mix of business and fun but that everyone is intimidated by her just because she's the GM. Then she just told me a bunch about the store and how she likes to run it. The whole thing felt relaxed and conversational, not at all formal and stressful like some interviews. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done as a group and for the holidays. It was very relaxed but interactive. I actually had a lot of fun and had good vibes from my future coworkers. The managers were great too.

Interview Questions

• Take 10 minutes and assemble the perfect fall outfit with pieces from the newly released lookbook.   Answer Question