Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other person. He applied for a different job position that they were not looking for at that time, so he then left and it was down to just me. It was an extremely brief interview with perhaps only three questions, at least that is all I can remember. Strengths/weaknesses, previous work experience, and availability. After I answered those three extremely basic questions she offered me the job. However, I should have said no and walked out had I known how unprofessional the management was going to be.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, previous work experience, and availability.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very friendly and positive interview environment. Got a call about a week after I applied online through their career website. The interview was one-on-one and included standard interview questions, walk them through your work history and emphasize on your customer service skills. Think about how you can show them that you are energetic and passionate about helping people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you received a positive customer service feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

I applied online then called the local store and spoke with the manager. I was then invited into the store for a group interview. This interview consisted of some questions and the request to put together an outfit. Myself along with another employee completed this request. After the interview, 35-45 minutes, I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for a second interview with another manager. I did and was told in person that they were interested and would make a decision in a few days. Approx 1 1/2 weeks later I received a call offering minimum wage ($10.50). I accepted over the phone. I was told I would need to participate in group training which would take place in a few weeks as I was told the manager wanted to conduct more interviews first. Almost one month passed by and I received a call stating no group interviews were scheduled but that they were still interested in me and would follow-up. Another week and a half went by and nothing. Over a weekend I got another call from the manager stating she would just train me herself, which was fine with me as so much time passed. Then, I got another call the next day saying she'd rather hold off for a group orientation. Waited for another 15 days and at this point sought other part time employment. I then called noting I was interested but would only be available for group session on all days except Wednesday and Monday. Received another call from the manager apologizing for the 1 1/2 month long process of still not allowing me to participate in training. Mind you I have over 5 years of retail experience! After one voicemail offering me a Saturday time, I did not call back till the following week as I was only given one day notice. At that point, another manager apologized and said I'd here back and I never did. This was quite frankly the most incompetent "hiring" experience I have ever seen. I have a BA and simply wanted a part time job. I guess I asked for too much. After this length of time I really just lost interest in working for a store with such gross negligence on the part of its management. That's Hollywood for you.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this stapler to a customer? (An example of my sales technique).   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Informative about the duties of the role, and the interviewer really tried to get to know me. It was a mix of personality questions and skill questions about the job. It was just one interview with a store manager, who did all of the interviews for the store. Heard back about the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who could not find the right size or color of item that they are looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (The Colony, TX).

Interview

Submitted resume, called everyday to ask if they had a chance to look at my application. Called me back 3 days later and set up interview. Met with manager talked for five minutes the accepted job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for higher pay said he would ask store manager called me me back a few hours after interview to let me know they accepted my request for higher pay.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call a week later to set up an interview. I found the interview to be very easy. It was more a conversation than an interview. The manager and I found common ground right off the bat by our background in art history. She asked if I enjoyed my previous job, why I chose GAP, and my availability. She told me about Gap's philanthropic endeavors, which I found a plus, as I rather like the idea of working for a company which cares about the welfare of others; equal rights, equal pay (Gap was one of the first companies to implement equal pay, and at higher than minimum wage at that!), and the environment. In the end she said she would put in for my background check and would be in touch after it came back. I received a phone call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to GAP?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the GAP website. I was called about 1 week later to come in for an interview. The interview process was both easy and pleasant. The hiring manager was extremely friendly and responsive. I was asked about 10 questions; each question allowed me to sort of tell a story about past experiences, how I deal with customers, etc. I believe that the questions that she asked allowed me to truly show my personality and suitability for customer service. At the end of the interview I was asked about my availability and was told that they'd get back to me as soon as possible. The very next day I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest work/school achievement.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult or uncomfortable experience that you encountered at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Who is your favorite teacher/employer and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Showed up at the interview and got interviewed almost immediately. The interview took place in their stock room in the back with the assistant manager asking the questions. I only had to interview with one other person so it went pretty fast, maybe 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Camarillo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in person, scheduled an interview the next day with the hiring manager. She was very friendly and welcoming, and informed me a lot about working at Gap if I were to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The lady was very rude. I wasn't able to have a proper interview because she continued to put me on hold. Also, after being on hold for an hour we got disconnected. I called back and it repeated. After the second time, I called back a third time and they didn't answer. Then I called from a different number which they answered. When I told them my name and reason for calling she put me on hold. She said she was busy and to hold on. I hung up after 15mins. It was completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What position are you calling about?   1 Answer