Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.1

615 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from one of the managers to come in for a group interview. The interview itself was super easy and chill. 2 people didnt show up so it ended up just being me and one other guy. If you had any previous retail experience you pretty much got the job unless you were really rude during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions like Tell us about yourself? How do you deal with an angry/rude customer? Your past experiences with customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, where I took an assessment. It took about a month for someone to call to schedule an interview. Went in the store the next day for a group interview with 4 other applicants. She asked a few questions and then asked us to put together an outfit. Got a call the next day with a job offer!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

After they looked at my resume, they called me in for an interview. I then came into the store and interviewed with a manager. After the interview they ran a background check and once that was completed I began the next week with training before they got me on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Brought in for group interviews had to look them and ask how it went not sure if it was because of busy season or because lots of sales. Moved from floor to stock and was shown all of the tasks for the day. Helped slot to be part of the team

Interview Questions

• Favorite article of clothing is what   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Aurora, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the midst of about 50 other applications, not really expecting to hear back. I'm not sure how long it was until they called back, maybe a week or two. Scheduled an interview the next day. The interview was so easy. She asked about me, if I had ever worked retail and why I wanted to work there, and how to sell. After that she asked me about a mentor I looked up to and I mentioned one that was friendly and fun but always business and how we felt relaxed under him and were actually able to get so much more done under him because he was personable. She said that she tries to be like that, a mix of business and fun but that everyone is intimidated by her just because she's the GM. Then she just told me a bunch about the store and how she likes to run it. The whole thing felt relaxed and conversational, not at all formal and stressful like some interviews. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done as a group and for the holidays. It was very relaxed but interactive. I actually had a lot of fun and had good vibes from my future coworkers. The managers were great too.

Interview Questions

• Take 10 minutes and assemble the perfect fall outfit with pieces from the newly released lookbook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA).

Interview

Two Interviews: one on one and Group Interview
    At some point during the interview you may be instructed to create outfits. The outfits will be judged.
    Make sure you have a good availability to start off with. There wouldn't be job openings if they didn't have spaces to fill.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to diffuse an escalated situation with a costumer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I saw the job opening in-store, but application is online. I submitted my application. I got a call 2 days later verifying the availability I've put and asked if I was available for an interview the following week.

Came in 10 minutes early. Hiring manager and a sales associate were there to interview me. Asked me if I had any questions. After that, they sent me to the gloor to pick an outfit for a male customer going out for dinner and drinks with his friends. I asked them how old the guy was (21 y/o they said). I had to explain why I chose the outfit. When I was done, they asked me about salary.

I'' going in for a second interview--this time with the General Manager--tomorrow. Will find out if I get an offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

my interview was with an assistant manager. I'm not sure if it's because the GM at the time was about to leave for another job, or if that's standard. I walked in (wearing Gap casual) and asked for the manager I was about to meet with. She was waiting for me, and she immediately asked me to go pick out an outfit for a woman and a man. I did, returned with the clothes, and then she asked about my choices. Afterwards, we went into the back and sat down. She told me a bit about the position and how they were specifically looking for people that sell Gap cards, as that store had been struggling to meet their quota. The only questions asked of me were some inquiries about my previous employer and why I wanted to work for Gap. My current availability was confirmed, and basically that was that. The store was clearly desperate for people (I applied shortly before holiday season), and the manager hinted pretty heavily that I'd be hearing from her. It took about two weeks to receive a call back, though I doubt that's typical. My store was in the midst of a management upheaval when I was hired. Overall, interview was straight-forward, easy, and short. I'd say 15 minutes max.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Dropped off my application to a manager and she interviewed me very quickly while on the sales floor. She called a few days later and offered me the position and ask if I could start right away.