Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.1

609 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

They briefly ask about your experience in retail and customer service. They ask about your personal style and fashion taste as well. They give a brief introduction to the company and its history. They mention that the sales associate position will also have other duties such as cashier and inventory.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a call a couple of weeks after handing in my CV in the store - in person, it was a short phone interview that led to a in store (Face to face) interview. In store, they bring you out on to the shop floor, and give you different responsibilities, to see how you interact with the customers. The process is quite long, I was in store for about 2 hours. When it finished they bring you back to the office and ask you some generic interview questions, and they offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose what to wear for the interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

After they looked at my resume, they called me in for an interview. I then came into the store and interviewed with a manager. After the interview they ran a background check and once that was completed I began the next week with training before they got me on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

my interview was with an assistant manager. I'm not sure if it's because the GM at the time was about to leave for another job, or if that's standard. I walked in (wearing Gap casual) and asked for the manager I was about to meet with. She was waiting for me, and she immediately asked me to go pick out an outfit for a woman and a man. I did, returned with the clothes, and then she asked about my choices. Afterwards, we went into the back and sat down. She told me a bit about the position and how they were specifically looking for people that sell Gap cards, as that store had been struggling to meet their quota. The only questions asked of me were some inquiries about my previous employer and why I wanted to work for Gap. My current availability was confirmed, and basically that was that. The store was clearly desperate for people (I applied shortly before holiday season), and the manager hinted pretty heavily that I'd be hearing from her. It took about two weeks to receive a call back, though I doubt that's typical. My store was in the midst of a management upheaval when I was hired. Overall, interview was straight-forward, easy, and short. I'd say 15 minutes max.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Called for an interview at the store. A group of candidates met at the store, went up to the food court, did a group interview, then went to the store for some activities.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about how I would interact with a customer and to create outfits with certain styles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Beachwood, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I transferred with my manager to this new job opportunity. Interview process was pretty standard. We went to the office and she asked your typical interview questions. The whole thing took no more than half an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy and minimal. The interview mostly involved talking about my availability because I applied as a seasonal employee for the holiday season. Expect behavior-related questions in terms of working on a team, showing proactive leadership, and customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

They took you into the back, sat you down in the store room, and asked you a couple questions that didn't really seem relevant. They then told you there if you were hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in the following week. It was a group interview and everyone present their got the job on the spot. The manager hired everyone and gave everyone a schedule for the following week. But most individuals were only hired on a temporary basis.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer