Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Beachwood, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I transferred with my manager to this new job opportunity. Interview process was pretty standard. We went to the office and she asked your typical interview questions. The whole thing took no more than half an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

my interview was with an assistant manager. I'm not sure if it's because the GM at the time was about to leave for another job, or if that's standard. I walked in (wearing Gap casual) and asked for the manager I was about to meet with. She was waiting for me, and she immediately asked me to go pick out an outfit for a woman and a man. I did, returned with the clothes, and then she asked about my choices. Afterwards, we went into the back and sat down. She told me a bit about the position and how they were specifically looking for people that sell Gap cards, as that store had been struggling to meet their quota. The only questions asked of me were some inquiries about my previous employer and why I wanted to work for Gap. My current availability was confirmed, and basically that was that. The store was clearly desperate for people (I applied shortly before holiday season), and the manager hinted pretty heavily that I'd be hearing from her. It took about two weeks to receive a call back, though I doubt that's typical. My store was in the midst of a management upheaval when I was hired. Overall, interview was straight-forward, easy, and short. I'd say 15 minutes max.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

After they looked at my resume, they called me in for an interview. I then came into the store and interviewed with a manager. After the interview they ran a background check and once that was completed I began the next week with training before they got me on the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

They took you into the back, sat you down in the store room, and asked you a couple questions that didn't really seem relevant. They then told you there if you were hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December but didn't get a call until February. We set up an interview for the following week. The interview was easy and felt more like a conversation so it went very smoothly. Other candidates were also being interviewed that day and the following day also. I received a call the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here? / What attracted you to Gap?   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal work culture.   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the word feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. It was a pretty quick interview. She asked a few different questions. The interview was overall easy and relaxed. I was offered the job a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

They briefly ask about your experience in retail and customer service. They ask about your personal style and fashion taste as well. They give a brief introduction to the company and its history. They mention that the sales associate position will also have other duties such as cashier and inventory.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager outside of the store, and after a few questions, she had me meet with the Assistant General Manager. AGM and I talked for a few minutes (I was asked a few of the same questions), and then AGM grabbed the GM for me to speak with (asked again some of the same questions). After that, GM and I walked back into the store and met with Hiring Manager, AGM and a sales associate to talk about what to expect from the job. All in all, about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the Gap Card? How would you sell it on the floor?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about interviewing in person. It was a group interview with me and two other people. I like that format because the interview lasts longer and you really get a chance to market yourself compared to the other applicants. I got the call I received the job about two hours after I had the interview.