Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

It was based on "Tell me about yourself". "Sell your outfit to me if I were a customer" (Gotta have confidence) ... Laid back took about 2-3 weeks and the store management seems like she has a couple of drinks before her shift which is very inappropriate and not supersizing. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume before the day of the interview and dress appropriate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    Why gap?
    Sell your outfit to me..
    Whats your availability like?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Dress gap like, their based on jeans but make sure you layer and know how to sell the outfit your wearing or their gonna eat you out your clam shell like no job is around the corner for you boo boo. :\

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview, very casual and easy. As long as you are normal they will hire you due to high turn over. Don't expect the interview to be held in the office. It wasn't entirely professional but the interviewer was nice and it is best if it's your first job. Don't worry too much and relax and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Round Rock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. It was a one on one with the general manager in which she asked several questions off of a list and then asked me my thoughts on GAP as a whole. A week later, I got a call offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with someone who you don't necessarily get along with in a work environment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

its okay it was easy and many were kind and the managers but since it was a new store opening they just needed anyone to take the job. it was okay to me

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet. Pretty much handed them my resume, the manager came out and talked to me for a few minutes, and they told me to come to orientation next week

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions, just asked about availability   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from the hiring manager a few weeks later and was called in to do an interview. That interview went great so had a follow up with the GM and got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap in January 2016.

Interview

A group interview with around 10 candidates. The managers asked questions and everyone yelled out answers; it was very disorganized with certain people making a point to try to talk over everyone else. Entire session lasted about an hour. The interviewer waited until the very end to mention that the position was only for 5-10 hours per week and that scheduled hours were based on credit solicitation. The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth

Dress code is definitely business casual; think sweaters, button downs, dress pants, nice flats or casual heels for women and slacks, polos, or sweaters for men. Channeling the Gap aesthetic will win you brownie points.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy and alot of communication with Gap hiring manager. Had to postpone first interview due to family emergency, very understanding and contacted manger once i was ready to be interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met HR coordinator at flagship store in NYC, sat in staff room and chatted. The interviewer was extremely nice and very laid back. Know trends, be positive, and tell them how much you enjoy working and meeting with new people. Dress Gap-like or in their clothes and relate yourself to the stores brand. Also KNOW THEIR BRAND before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you find your fashion inspiration?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in January 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. So it was very impersonal. For about ten minutes she would talk to one of us at a time (we were interviewing for different shifts, morning and afternoon). She was really funny and nice but she's the store manager so I was still pretty intimidated. She wasn't concerned about our experience (we'd submitted our resumes) she didn't ask us a lot.